12v Battery troubles

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Jayschr

Re: 12v Battery troubles

Post by Jayschr » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:11 am

As i started this thread, I thought I should give an update especially for those suffering similar problems. Despite Mr T's assurances that there was not a problem with the battery after their extensive tests over 4 days and they told me that there was no other alternative battery available and they would not replace a "good" battery. I was so sure it was a problem with the battery itself I decided to enquire at the local tyre and exhaust garage on my way home from Toyota. The garage immediately found a higher rated battery (54AH in lieu of the 45AH) as recommended by Toyota according to their research and this replacement battery has solved all my woes. I have not changed anything else or altered any other settings in the car and I now love my car again.

kelvin66

Post by kelvin66 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:06 pm

I think you need to go back to Toyota and claim back the money you spent on the battery. Their diagnostics aren't very good if this is the outcome!
Dynamic Hybrid in Decumar Grey.

villageoldman

Post by villageoldman » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:46 pm

My vehicle has just had its first service, we went on holiday and on return battery completely flat. 44 years of driving first time using a breakdown company. Interesting!! My concern , is it a common problem ? What causes it and any remedies ? . Shame as I liked the car in its first year. Toyota dealer has said battery ok?

smartly

Post by smartly » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:50 pm

My car went in today for it's first service at just over 2500 miles. Battery failed test so replaced like for like under warranty. As the 12V battery failed the couldn't do the hybrid battery test so I need to take the car back in 500 miles.
2018 ( 68 ) Toyota C-HR 1.8 Hybrid in Nebula Blue, Dynamic with Premium Pack

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”