MPG from C-HR DYNAMIC 1.8 HYBRID Nebulus Blue

New to the Toyota C-HR Forums? Introduce yourself here
dundee12

MPG from C-HR DYNAMIC 1.8 HYBRID Nebulus Blue

Post by dundee12 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:47 pm

After receiving our 69 reg C-HR Dynamic 1.8 Hybrid 2 weeks ago, we are currently averaging 65 mpg in mainly around the town driving and with 2 adults on board.
Happy with that and with the overall driving experience. Traded in our Peugeot 3008 SUV. as we wanted something different with electric assistance to increase mpg which was 40mpg with the Peugeot.
Brian and Anne

djw

Re: MPG from C-HR DYNAMIC 1.8 HYBRID Nebulus Blue

Post by djw » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:44 am

We are pleased your averaging 65mpg around town driving, Our 69 reg C-HR Dynamic 1.8 Hybrid which we collected new on July 30th from our dealer,But we had petrol smell whilst driving in cabin only at times & after we locked it up for the night,we had petrol smell coming from our CH-R so called RAC He checked for petrol leaks, but found none, So advised us to take our car back to dealer, so we did, The guy from service phoned us after 3 days & said the Technician has road tested & found no petrol leaks & all ok, So my husband asked did our car have a thorough PRE- Delivery check or was the boxes just ticked ? Service guy said all new cars are checked thorough,But all new cars are checked before leaving the factory!!!My Husband went to dealer Service dept & demanded to see the Technician, After a Blazing Row ,The Technician gave our car a Diagnostic Check & found the Engine & Hybrid Settings were Wrong, So our car is running ok with no petrol smells :D ,But have found petrol engine runs on more & went for 60 mile run on motorway at 60-65 mph & got 68 mpg.

dundee12

Re: MPG from C-HR DYNAMIC 1.8 HYBRID Nebulus Blue

Post by dundee12 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:37 am

Glad you got sorted.
Funnily enough, I also found that the service book was not marked that the pre-delivery inspection had been done, so we went back in to the garage and they assured me that the pd inspection had been done and they forgot to sign the book???
Never had a petrol smell. Dont know about the hybrid settings tho.
Never done a motorway run yet to assess motorway mpg but as the weather has got colder, our running around the doors mpg has tailed back to 64mpg.