MPG: for those who have the 1.2T

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Oscarwestward

MPG: for those who have the 1.2T

Post by Oscarwestward » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:17 pm

Just wondering what people were getting. I’ve driven the last three weeks in eco mode and drove like a granny the same journey to work and got about 42.2 mpg. I have just read online though that it’s more economical to drive in standard mode so I’ve just filled up again and will be doing the same amount of miles over the next three weeks to see if there’s any difference

Also I thought I read that each time you start the car it defaults to normal driving mode, However every time I’ve started the car it’s always been in eco which is what I had it set to 🤔

Toybaru1

Re: MPG: for those who have the 1.2T

Post by Toybaru1 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:36 pm

Got the hybrid, if in eco or normal it always defaults to that. If you set to sport, it will default to your previous setting. Assume it is the same on the 1.2.
No doubt you will be told there is a previous thread on this!

kelvin66

Re: MPG: for those who have the 1.2T

Post by kelvin66 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:00 pm

To be honest there is little difference in MPG between eco and normal. Eco just maps the throttle for slower acceleration and the A/C for less cooling. I drive in Eco because it makes for a smother drive. There doesn't seem to be any difference when using the adaptive cruise control to the amount of acceleration... I drive nearly everywhere using ACC...
Dynamic Hybrid in Decumar Grey.

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”