What changes would you like to see made to a facelift/new shape C-HR?

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Topkat

What changes would you like to see made to a facelift/new shape C-HR?

Post by Topkat » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:24 pm

Hi everyone, I just did a video on some of the stuff I don't like about my C-HR. I think it's a great car, but I think there is room for improvement like making the ground clearance higher and adding a larger battery. Did I miss anything in the video? What else would you like to see in the new shape/facelift C-HR?

Alexr

Re: What changes would you like to see made to a facelift/new shape C-HR?

Post by Alexr » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Interesting. I think you are going to get some of the things you want (eg better battery, more hp from 2 ltr engine) in 2020 model.
Note that on the sb stick you can order your music by album and by playlist and play those so you can get all the benefits of the folder selection.
Also I wonder if you are confusing the parking sensors with the alarm for things moving across you as you reverse? I find the parking sensors have no lag but the other alarm will persist as the “traffic” crosses away from you.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loving driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream :P

raija

Post by raija » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:50 am

Finally, it's a 24-hour clock for us Europeans. Europe, by the way, uses the SI system, and no history freaks like feet, miles of pounds, etc. That 1970s clock has to be ridiculous in a 2020 car. Shame on Toyota!
Toyota CH-R Hybrid 2017 with Toyota Touch 2 and Go & miniature English bull terrier

jacquiandles

Post by jacquiandles » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:23 pm

Apart from the obvious things like windscreen that don't crack all by themselves I'd like free map updates for the length of the 5 year warranty rather than 3 years.

The only thing that would make me change my one, that I bought in Jan 2017, is a powered boot.

Rockstar565

Post by Rockstar565 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:32 pm

Perhaps a lighter coloured interior and sun/moon roof. Most definitely a spare tyre and not the gunk and pump supplied with the current model (here in UK ). Lastly although the radio/sat nav is not that bad , something that starts up straight away instead of taking time to load-up with android auto would be good a good thing.

Anixie

Post by Anixie » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:38 am

Spare tire is an option already. And yes +1 for android auto/google car play...
Ruby-Flare C-HR C-Lub Hybrid version, black roof, JBL sound system

Subota Boy

Post by Subota Boy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:27 pm

More HP (coming), smarter rear light cluster on Excel (coming), sunroof, powered boot lift.

Asked about panoramic roof and Toyota cannot fit this on the C-HR due to shape of roof.

Have had spare tyre since new in 2017. It was an option.
Our Toyota family consists of C-HR Excel Hybrid in black, Toyota IQ, Toyota GT86.

Malc1975

Post by Malc1975 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:43 pm

Android auto and car.play confirmed today for new corrolla
New 2020 final spec announced very soon so that should be included

Sjhaycroft

Post by Sjhaycroft » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:26 am

My CHR dynamic went back on Wednesday and I now have the new mazda 3 for the 6 months. Will definitely be considering another CHR when the mazda 3 goes back depending on availability.
I absolutely loved the CHR but would like to see these features that the 3 has on a facelifted CHR model. The standard speakers were woeful and the JBl which my partner has in her red edition although better than the standard setup have nothing on the Bose system in the mazda 3. This next one isnt for everyone but I quite like it. The heads up display unit which projects the speed limit and current speed along with selected other info on the windscreen in front of you. I test drove a Lexus UX which features the new 2 litre hybrid powertrain that I'm guessing will feature in the CHR and it was brilliant to drive. Much quicker, responsive and less of that droning noise you get when requiring a sudden burst of acceleration.

Malc1975

Post by Malc1975 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:23 pm

Just to add the corrolla update has head up display on certain specs and it looks great

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”