Steering Wheel Locks for C-HR

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
DutCHR

Re: Steering Wheel Locks for C-HR

Post by DutCHR » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:32 pm

Smuddell wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:56 pm
With all the news about an increase in the theft of cars due to thieves exploiting keyless systems, do any other forum members have a visible deterrent such as a steering wheel lock? If so I wondered what types fit the C-HR because while "Stoplock" gets good reviews, according to it's website, none of the Stoplock models fit the C-HR!

And a secondary question, have any forum members actually had their C-HR stolen through their keyless system?

I still think the best hardware to prevent theft is a Bearlock. That locks your gearstick mechanical and solid in P .
Its no mobile clamp but a build-in system so you only see a lock hole. See : http://bear-lock.co.uk/
C-HR Hybrid Metalstream Grey --- Genuine JDM styled and also a lot of sh*t from China

raija

Post by raija » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:07 pm

asinrute wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:21 am
In order for thieves to break into a keyless car, the signal from the key must be reflected and amplified. If the key is stored in a tin can, the signal cannot be captured because the tin can is practically a Faraday cage.
I tried this, but when I tested it by walking up to the car with the keys in a tin in my pocket I Could still unlock the car wirelessly. If in doubt test your own tin with the keys in it , or even easier turn the signal off as in my previous post
I tested this too few weeks ago. When I put my jar against the car window, the door opened. But then, a thief should also come into my house with his reflector. For the most part, I thought that the keys would always be in the same place and not have to be searched around the house. Maybe my jar was better. :roll:

purkki.png

Toyota CH-R Hybrid 2017 with Toyota Touch 2 and Go & miniature English bull terrier

Anixie

Post by Anixie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:47 am

This is what I use (painted in the same colour as my walls to keep my wife happy). Works just fine, easy and cleans the mess of keys against the wall.

https://www.brico.be/nl/gereedschap-installatie/veiligheid/kluizen/sencys-sleutelkast-20-sleutels-19-x-15-x-7-cm/5349732
Ruby-Flare C-HR C-Lub Hybrid version, black roof, JBL sound system

nigelhj

Post by nigelhj » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:16 pm

This is one way to secure your car!

Regards
Nigel.
Dynamic Hybrid in Nebula Blue with Black Roof

DutCHR

Post by DutCHR » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:57 pm

Maybe you should take a Trunk Monkey.. he will fix that for you. :lol:

C-HR Hybrid Metalstream Grey --- Genuine JDM styled and also a lot of sh*t from China

nigelhj

Post by nigelhj » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:48 pm

Must grab one, very funny video! :lol:

Regards
Nigel
Dynamic Hybrid in Nebula Blue with Black Roof

raija

Post by raija » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:44 pm

:lol:

I only have a trunk bull. Not very scary yet at age of 9 weeks.

luppis.jpg

Toyota CH-R Hybrid 2017 with Toyota Touch 2 and Go & miniature English bull terrier

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”