Double Din for Hybrid C-HR

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
chr-lisbon

Double Din for Hybrid C-HR

Post by chr-lisbon » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:42 am

Hello to the forum

Heres another European user interested to change the Infotainment from Hybrid C-HR 1.8 2019
I have Kenwood DDX7015BT for couple years in another car and im really happy with the unit, its has Navi Port and im able to connect a android GPS Unit...but this is old model and apple CarPlay with waze is all that is required.

Im looking to replace the original toyota stereo with a Head unit but i have some requirements.

Apple carplay (waze + spotify )
Android auto
Hdmi Input (for DTV installation)
RCA input (for same DTV installation)
2 Or more camera outputs for 360 viewing ( this is for later upgrade + sensors)
Head unit with minimal fuzz installation/compatible with CHR without losing too much functions.
Wifi is bonus
capacitive touch screen is bonus
dont really need cd/dvd player but is bonus

Optional:
It would be nice to have compatible headrest or mount screen with head unit (later upgrade) or able to mirror the android tablet i have installed in back seat
Im also looking for cheap monitor/tablet with HDMI input for second monitor in back seat.

So far the units ive seen that are compatible with Toyota C-HR is the DDX919WS, DDX918WS, DDX917WS but this are not European models.

Some Kenwood installer recommended the DDX9717BTS, but i think this is older model, i could not find the DDX9718BTS or DDX9719BTS..

ps: Im after some kenwood, pioneer, ivc, clarion, alpine.

Looking for some advice, thanks

chr-lisbon

Re: Double Din for Hybrid C-HR

Post by chr-lisbon » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:07 pm

Im still looking for the right receiver for the C-HR
Ive inquired some installers for the Alpine Halo9 ILX-F309, its 1DIN and 9 inch screen, the Alpine facebook asia has this unit install in some event with CHR.

Anyone install the ADS Idatalink Maestro RR with C-HR, with what head unit and functions did you win or lose ??

and what about the AX-TYAMP3-SWC from axxess ? any feedback in this data units.

this feedback is from US forum with JVC KW-M845BW
Sorry guys, I been away for a while. If anybody have question I'll do my best to answer. The set up has been working very well, but it has some limitations. I did run into a few problems and I did some trouble shooting with Idatlink support. Idatalink removed the C-HR from their web site because we discover the Toyota has split the OBD2 can bus information into 2 separate buses. The Idatalink module did not read the state of the parking break status. Android auto and other apps need this information to allow the set up to be completed. It turned out that the parking break status was not available at the OBD2 connector. There is different can bus connector at the ECM that has the missing info. I am not getting all the info that the Idatalink module is capable of reading, like doors status. However there are good number of parameters/gauges that are been read and display, like tire pressure and temp, coolant and oil temp, engine load, intake air temp, etc. I end up grounding the radio wire that senses the parking break status, this took care of that problem.

As per the steering wheel controls, works perfect and you can program every button function. The Bluetooth mic is not supported by the radio manufacturer, so I had to install the radio supplied mic. I removed the stock mic and put the radio supplied mic in its place. It works very well, I did not notice any change in performance.

Idatalink is working on a solution to this issue. I can understand why the car is not been supported yet, since you will not be able to get full use of the module as yet. I am ok with the parameters that I have for now.

chr-lisbon

Re: Double Din for Hybrid C-HR

Post by chr-lisbon » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:42 am

Some update and temporary CarPlay solution:

Ive ordered this cable, it allows me to have audio and video input in Toyota touch 2, its perfect for the DTV box and keep the original head unit.
https://car-solutions.com/en/video-cable-for-toyota-touch-2-entune-link-monitors/

Ive also have Nvidia Shield tablet laying around and install AUTOKIT.APK and ordered this wireless Apple CarPlay/android Auto Dongle that connects to any Android Head unit or device running android.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33009226722.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.1e524c4dNcQX4P

The plan is just a temporary solution to have apple CarPlay in the car with the Shield tablet while i don't get answers for some resellers about compatibility with Alpine.

The biggest dilema is where to install the Nvidia tablet, well since the tablet has strong magnet built on the back, I've ordered the Clutchlt dual magnet, it seems a very clean install and easy remove/hide the tablet when the car is parked outside.

Off course i would need a Micro USB OTG splitter in order to charge the tablet + provide power to the dongle at the same time..

i will post pictures when the material arrive.

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”