A week without my lime

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Wasp28
Location: Essex Lime addition ( it’s green) Wind deflectors protection pack & tow bar

A week without my lime

Post by Wasp28 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:39 am

As part of the deal when I swapped my Metal stream excel for a lime addition or B-Limey as it’s affectionately called, was to swap the towbar over. A little more than a week later the boot wouldn’t open. A trip to the dealers and a wiring fault was discovered which required a new part that wasn’t available for a week. So I was given a Prius . considering it’s the same floor pan the drive was very different as was the MPG. Driving the loaner much harder ( of course) the Prius delivered a effortless 72.5 mpg. At 1st I rather liked the car but as the week went on the over complicated controls and dash ridiculous boot opening (but it did open) started to grate. The simple task of entering a destination into the satnav was painful, The JBL system was not a patch on the B-Limeys sounds and the stupid dash mounted gear selector was hopeless. The final insult is a sore back from the seats that offer no support even with the lumber support used.
Glad to have the CHR back even if it only manages 60mpg

Karmalakas

Re: A week without my lime

Post by Karmalakas » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:01 am

Prius manages to get better MPG because it's ugly and design went more into aerodynamics than beauty
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)

Wasp28
Location: Essex Lime addition ( it’s green) Wind deflectors protection pack & tow bar

Post by Wasp28 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:22 pm

Tiny wheels help too. I was surprised given how hard I drove it the MPG was so good. As you correctly point out it is a ugly Mother F€¥ker

Phil2306

Post by Phil2306 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:59 pm

I was under the understanding that CHRs, are not suitable for towing?

Wasp28

Post by Wasp28 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:22 pm

750kg for the hybrid & 1100kg for the 1.2. My tow bar is for my cycle carrier. But I will use it to tow a trailer with a motorcycle on, total weight is around 500kgish

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”