Dealership has told my dad he put in the wrong fuel in his automatic CHR

Faults and Technical chat for the Toyota C-HR
raija

Re: Dealership has told my dad he put in the wrong fuel in his automatic CHR

Post by raija » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:30 am

I wonder how they succeed in it. For example, do they refuel from the jerry canister?
Toyota CH-R Hybrid 2017 with Toyota Touch 2 and Go & miniature English bull terrier

njr001

Post by njr001 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:40 am

I believe there have been cases where the garages bulk tanks have been filled with the wrong fuel from the tanker, some insurance policies cover mis fuelling but probably not worth claiming as they would most likely increase your premium etc.

If fuel paid by card the card company may have details to help you find the transaction with the garage.

Karmalakas

Post by Karmalakas » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:16 pm

Christhecarrot wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:53 pm
This is why we are asking the petrol station for the cctv image as this will be our only proof.
If you paid by card and know the approximate time, you can just ask to find a receipt by providing a time and last 4 digits of the card. In EU they have to keep them for a few years.

I also remember someone mentioning very similar case here in the forum, but can't find quickly. If I stumble upon it, I'll drop a link.
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)

Anixie

Post by Anixie » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:01 pm

Might want to keep an eye on the local newspaper to check if more people around had fuel issues (in case the petrol station was at fault)
Ruby-Flare C-HR C-Lub Hybrid version, black roof, JBL sound system

nigelhj

Post by nigelhj » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:01 pm

It may be worth asking your father to contact his insurance company to see whether or not he is covered for this, it may be that he could claim it under 'Accidental Damage' though would have to pay the first £100 of the claim.

Some insurance companies do provide this type of cover for wrong fuel but you will find only a handful do.

May well be worth asking as if they do he may be reimbursed but not absolutely sure.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Nigel.
Dynamic Hybrid in Nebula Blue with Black Roof

Dave D

Post by Dave D » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:17 pm

Christhecarrot wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:19 pm
Yes, that’s what I think. In the uk the petrol nozzles are smaller than the diesel nozzles. So you can put petrol into a diesel car but not the other way around.
After filling up at my local Asda filling station this weekend I checked the nozzeles and diesel and petrol nozzeles will fit in the C-HR filler without any problem...
Hybrid Excel White Pearl....With no stick on plastic bits from China... Running on supermarket fuel...

nigelhj

Post by nigelhj » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:39 pm

After filling up at my local Asda filling station this weekend I checked the nozzeles and diesel and petrol nozzeles will fit in the C-HR filler without any problem...
That is not good! Had to be very careful when I went from petrol to diesel to ensure that I had picked up the correct nozzle before refueling now it is back to double checking yet again after coming back to petrol.

I think the biggest worry is whether or not the tanker driver has put the correct fuel into the correct reservoir.

Regards
Nigel.
Dynamic Hybrid in Nebula Blue with Black Roof

raija

Post by raija » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:36 pm

Dave D wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:17 pm

I filled up my C-HR. I checked the diesel nozzle and it doesn't fit in the C-HR filler. In the inlet you can see like little teeth that prevents diesel nozzle to fit.

IMG_20190702_181032.jpg

Toyota CH-R Hybrid 2017 with Toyota Touch 2 and Go & miniature English bull terrier

Return to “Faults & Technical”