Prospective buyer

New to the Toyota C-HR Forums? Introduce yourself here
Sunray77

Prospective buyer

Post by Sunray77 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:26 pm

I’m new to the Forum but after looking at various cars are now thinking of buying a C-HR Excel CVT . I have a Golf GT DSG at the moment but this has to go back under my lease plan. I test drove the car and it seemed good when I was in the driving seat but when I changed places with my husband and sat in the back and he excellerated hard it seemed very noisy. Never sat in the back of a hybrid before. Is that something you have to live with.?

Appreciate any comments would be a great help

ans

Re: Prospective buyer

Post by ans » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:43 am

never sit in the back so cant comment really ,CVT is known for being noisier than a normal auto box,sports mode helps with acceleration
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black roof.
Mudflaps,LED interior lights
with Chrome extras.
Wind deflectors,Running boards
Incar Wifi
Ordered SEPT 2016 arrived Jan 2017
https://www.chrforums.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=965
Mercedes slk 350

Anixie

Post by Anixie » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:45 am

Its a bit of a habit, corerectly driving a CVT, because if you floor it, yeah its noisy as heck
Ruby-Flare C-HR C-Lub Hybrid version, black roof, JBL sound system

Alexr

Post by Alexr » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:52 am

ans wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:43 am
never sit in the back so cant comment really ,CVT is known for being noisier than a normal auto box,sports mode helps with acceleration
Disagree. If you floor the accelerator it revs hard and can be noisy, but no noisier than a normal car when it is revving hard. The reality is that driving a hybrid very rarely requires you to accelerate hard so overall you get a much quieter ride.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loving driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream :P

Wasp28
Location: Essex Lime addition ( it’s green) Wind deflectors protection pack & tow bar

Post by Wasp28 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:28 am

Your Golf is a very different car and it will be a big change. I had a Skoda VRS and miss the effortless high speed cruise and performance . Having said that the seamless gearbox adaptive cruise control make for a relaxing but very different experience in the CHR. Most of the time you will find it perfectly acceptable and will enjoy the smooth comforts of the CHR but you will miss the performance, I know I have.
It took me time to adjust to the power gauge having no real link to the performance of the car mainly due to years of having Rev counters which for me link my right foot directly to the cars performance. It can be very strange to pull away with the engine running only for it to cut out and the car continue to accelerate, all part of the joys of hybrid ownership.

Although I have my doubts it hasn’t stopped me ordering my 2nd CHR which is the 1st time I’ve ever replaced like for like so I guess I’m sold on hybrids.

Sunray77

Post by Sunray77 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:25 am

Thanks to everyone who has taken the trouble to reply. It’s very much appreciated. From what I’ve read the majority of owners seem very positive about the car. I’m sure I will now go ahead and place an order but the next dilemma is whether to go for the Excel or Dynamic. Which is better value for money at the end of the day?

Wasp28
Location: Essex Lime addition ( it’s green) Wind deflectors protection pack & tow bar

Post by Wasp28 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:24 pm

Don't think there much in it. Black roof, LED lights and some additional colours for the Dynamic and Leather no LEDs or Black roof for the Excel..either way try and squeeze in the JBL sound system in.

nigelhj

Post by nigelhj » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:04 pm

I’m sure I will now go ahead and place an order but the next dilemma is whether to go for the Excel or Dynamic. Which is better value for money at the end of the day?
Not a lot of difference apart from the price. For the Excel no bi-tone black roof - no LED front light guide - you do get the humidifying Nanoe air purifier which other models do not have - no LED headlights with sequential LED indicators - front fog lights yes but not LED - no automatic headlight leveling.

All depends on what you would like and would be happy with, but what-ever model you go for they all drive and handle the same.

Regards
Nigel.
Dynamic Hybrid in Nebula Blue with Black Roof

Sunray77

Post by Sunray77 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:48 pm

Still pondering on what spec to go with. I test drove the Excel but did find the cabin dark. I haven’t been able to see the Dynamic at the local dealership. Can anyone help and tell me if it looks lighter inside in brown rather than leather seats?

nigelhj

Post by nigelhj » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:57 pm

Have not sat in another apart from the Dynamic but that is darkish, you'll soon get used to it though.

Regards
Nigel.
Dynamic Hybrid in Nebula Blue with Black Roof

Return to “Introductions”