What kind of petrol do you use for your CHR Hybrid?

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Gregoriou

What kind of petrol do you use for your CHR Hybrid?

Post by Gregoriou » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

Hey all,

So in Cyprus we have 95 and 98 petrol. I use 98 with mine and tend to get more MPG using 98, but what do you all use and does it really matter/make a difference? 95 is cheaper, and with 98 it only takes 45 euros to fill so I use that.

in the UK I believe it is the same but I never owned a CHR in the UK.

opettaja

Re: What kind of petrol do you use for your CHR Hybrid?

Post by opettaja » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:08 pm

I was told to use 95 instead of 98 for my C-HR Hybrid here in Finland. Don't know if it really makes a difference. In my Alfa Giulietta I only ever used 98 but that could also take 95 or 98.
C-HR 1.8 Hybrid Intense Edition, Tokyo Red with black roof

DutCHR

Post by DutCHR » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:16 pm

95 and 98 are both ok. I like the 98 from BP because the engine runs a bit smoother.
C-HR Hybrid Metalstream Grey --- Genuine JDM styled and also a lot of sh*t from China

raija

Post by raija » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:15 pm

Toyota CH-R Hybrid 2017 with Toyota Touch 2 and Go & miniature English bull terrier

Walt

Post by Walt » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Only use shell v power in my vehicles. Previous cars and my motorbike.
Nebula blue dynamic.
Sports pack.wind deflectors.mudflaps etc.
With interior blue leds. And carbon addon bits. Running on shell V-Power.

Dave D

Post by Dave D » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:46 pm

Use Supermarket 95....There is no reason to use any other...I have run company cars for the last 25 yesrs on 95 supermarket fuel each doing over 100,000 miles over 3 years each and never had a single engine problem on any of them....
Hybrid Excel White Pearl....With no stick on plastic bits from China... Running on supermarket fuel...

Anixie

Post by Anixie » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:28 pm

95, works fine
Ruby-Flare C-HR C-Lub Hybrid version, black roof, JBL sound system

nigelhj

Post by nigelhj » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:31 pm

I just use 95 Octane at Tesco.

Taken from their FAQs page: The most obvious benefit of Tesco Momentum99 is the octane. The octane is 99 compared to 95 for regular unleaded petrol. For those cars that are able to take advantage (generally sportier models), this can improve overall engine performance.
Momentum 99 also contains a special blend of additives to help keep the fuel system clean and working at its best.

With 95 octane the price is 123.9 but with the 99 octane it is 128.9 per litre.

On a lighter note, when I was in the RAF as a driver one of our colleagues had bought himself a second hand Jaguar Mark 2 back in the early 1970's.

It was quick but obviously not quick enough for him so he used to drive up to our bowsers at night and fill it up with Avgas. He wanted me to go out after work with him to see how the car performed.

OMG!! :shock: Never went out in that car with him again, lasted about 2 weeks before the poor old engine had had enough and went for a burton.

Regards
Nigel.
Dynamic Hybrid in Nebula Blue with Black Roof

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:05 pm

The cheapest I can find, by and large 95 octane supermarket fuel is the same as anyone else's, in Bristol tankers load up at unitank in the area, so makes no difference whose you buy it from. I've never done a test using 98, too many variable to makeit a fair teast.
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

Anixie

Post by Anixie » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:38 pm

98 made sense on my previous car (GT86), since that one had been remapped to make full use of the higher octane number. It would even slightly detonate on 95... C-HR Hybrid in no way can make use of the higher octane number. Motor is set up for 95. It wont change its timing when it detects 98... Maybe, just maybe the extra additives could make it run a tad better, but thats almost always placebo effect. I paid more so it should work better, shouldn't it ?
Ruby-Flare C-HR C-Lub Hybrid version, black roof, JBL sound system

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”