No such good service from Toyota (nor any other)

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
raija

No such good service from Toyota (nor any other)

Post by raija » Thu May 16, 2019 8:34 pm

I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A40 phone to get Mirror Link work in my car. Nope.

I send a mail to Toyota Finland. They washed their hands on the matter. So I didn't get any help. I asked what version of Mirror Link is in the car. I suspect there will be no information.

I drove to local dealer with my new phone. There nobody understood anything about Mirror Link. Well, they had heard about it.

I went to the store where I bought the phone. They didn't know anything about Mirror Link except that there was such a choice on the phone.

I believe I have a clue how the mirror link should work, but I don't have any exact information about programs, versions, phone settings...

Could someone help, please

Application: I want to drive one of these
MirroLink Common Api: which works in TT2
MirrorLink Server: version (need to be same?)
MirrorLink Client: version (need to be same?)

Screenshot_20190516_222551.jpeg

Toyota CH-R Hybrid 2017 with Toyota Touch 2 and Go & miniature English bull terrier

IceColdCrash

Re: No such good service from Toyota (nor any other)

Post by IceColdCrash » Fri May 17, 2019 12:01 am

Tried it once on Samsung galaxy s6 I have as a 2nd phone,
First it wouldn't connect, then after googling it a few times, updated mirrorlink via Samsung store,
Now it connects but most of the times shuts down after a bit,
Forget it,
Just use gps/Bluetooth audio and that's it,
Better buy a phone holder with suction cup or any other kind for your preferred location and use phone.
I've got TT2 so GPS works, and not as bad as some people say, of course it's not Waze.
Just one thing I've never seen, one day I was wondering which holder to buy and people often placed holder in front of vent grills or windshield or other places, I had an old holder with suction cup, it sticks perfectly on the center console just on the side of front cup holder perfectly and this way not in front of vents or the hazard lights button as I've seen it before.
Regarding mirrorlink, I think there's version 1 and 1.1 but if you search the forum there's plenty of people talking about that,
Understand your "anger", specially if you bought phone with mirrorlink thinking it would work.
It might still,
From my knowledge :
Make sure mirrorlink is updated on phone
Conect phone with original cable to USB port
Turn on mirrorlink in phone
You should then after a few seconds see mirrorlink icon on the apps screen in car multimedia system.
If it opens, it will show you the apps you have on your phone that are compatible with that.
Hope it helps.
Probably someone is going to come and say "search the forum instead of opening a new thread" still, I hope it helped.
1.8 Hybrid Exclusive + Pack Luxury
Since 15/03/2019
:D

raija

Post by raija » Fri May 17, 2019 9:38 am

Thank you! This was a great help. I think I can take Samsung back to the seller.

This is almost like a washing machine whose washing programs do not work properly. The manufacturer says the programs have been designed by 3-party and they can't do anything about it? :(
Toyota CH-R Hybrid 2017 with Toyota Touch 2 and Go & miniature English bull terrier

Dr_Michael

Post by Dr_Michael » Sat May 18, 2019 3:46 pm

Make sure you use a phone from this list:
www.mirrorlink.com/phones

raija

Post by raija » Sat May 18, 2019 5:58 pm

Samsung Galaxy A40 is not in the list www.mirrorlink.com/phones but it supports the mirrorlink.
Here is a screenshot from the user manual

Screenshot_20190518_195426.jpeg

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”