My experience after 2 years

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Kostas_F

My experience after 2 years

Post by Kostas_F » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:38 am

I have my C-HR for two years. It's my first Toyota. Until last November I had no sounds at all. Then rattling sound from speakers and somewhere in front of the passenger seat started Not always. On rough road surface (very common in Greece) mostly. It was really annoying.
Went to the dealer and took one and a half day to "fix" it. He told me he can do nothing more. He did his best. If it happens again that's because of the plastics regulations to pass all certifications.
All previous rattles stopped actually but new sounds start to show up. I also hear something from the front left wheel when suddenly accelerating and turning the steering wheel to he right. I give up. I'm very disappointed with the outdated multimedia/navi, PCS failures in rain (when most needed), scary ABS often activating etc.

I read a lot in here and on Facebook about broken windscreens, blinking errors, center mirror falling, cabin lights falling off, splattered mirror projectors, poor headlights, poor cabin filters and more that I cannot recall right now.
Service cost is up to 30% higher than what I 've been told from the dealer when buying it. They are also trying to use 5-30 oil instead of 0w-20. We had an argument last time and finally I showed the manual, to make them use 0w-20 after 5-30 they used in the previous service.
Fuel consumption (real) is good compared to similar cars but no way close to 3,8 given by Toyota. More like 5,7 - 6,0 lt/100km (normal driving).

That's not Toyota that I heard about before buying it. Hopefully next year (when my loan is over) I 'll sell it and go for a company lease. And it's not going to be a Toyota. :-(
Toyota C-HR (C-Enter) Hybrid. Happy owner.

raija

Re: My experience after 2 years

Post by raija » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:59 pm

Also, I'm very disappointed with Toyota C-HR. I thought I bought a quality car, but I don't think anymore.

The car starts to feel more obnoxious, and I don't like Toyota's customer service either. At first it felt pretty good at driving, but when I drive about 120 km / h, the control is too sensitive. I mean, the car doesn't want to stay in the lane, so the wheel should be turned all the time.
Toyota CH-R Hybrid 2017 with Toyota Touch 2 and Go & miniature English bull terrier

ttipiac

Post by ttipiac » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:36 am

I see that your C-HR experience is not very positive. Toyota remains a general brand that ranks on the podium of technical inspections in France. the reception in concession is very varied but without superfluous. Toyota hybrid engines no longer have to prove their reliability.
V

Kostas_F

Post by Kostas_F » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:01 am

ttipiac wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:36 am
... Toyota hybrid engines no longer have to prove their reliability.
V
After many years with the same engine in various models looks like it's reliable, but I bought the whole car. Not only an engine.
Toyota C-HR (C-Enter) Hybrid. Happy owner.

Dave_5150

Post by Dave_5150 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:57 pm

I've also had my CH-r for a little over two years. It's been a painless experience other than the cracked windscreen issue that many have experienced which was promptly sorted and a safety recall.

I wanted a car that would be easy to drive at all times of day / night with a good mix of safety and other features and the Dynamic delivered this.

I have two minor niggles i) I'd prefer the cruise to not need turning on every journey and ii) the towing eye cover has been regularly falling off since the early weeks of ownership which Toyota don't seam interested in resolving.

If that the worst I can say after 31,000 miles then I'd say it been a great experience.

Karmalakas

Post by Karmalakas » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:43 pm

raija wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:59 pm
when I drive about 120 km / h, the control is too sensitive. I mean, the car doesn't want to stay in the lane, so the wheel should be turned all the time.
Are you driving in Sport mode?
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)

raija

Post by raija » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:35 pm

Nope. Just the normal mode.
Toyota CH-R Hybrid 2017 with Toyota Touch 2 and Go & miniature English bull terrier

ttipiac

Post by ttipiac » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:53 am

balancing and parallelism may be necessary.
V

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”