Ride Quality - very hard

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
jdg

Re: Ride Quality - very hard

Post by jdg » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:26 am

I have to say the ride in my CHR is lovely, very comfortable and no complaints from me.

I used to own a BMW 3 series M sport spec with big alloys, OMG that was harsh, hated it. My partner drives a Mini Cooper S roadster, that takes hard ride to a whole new level 😂

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:54 pm

Now hope the topic starter will react..

Will not be the first that put complains on this forum and dont want a solution or to talk about it. ;)
We all try to help but sometimes the damage seems to be done.. period
I’ve noticed, by and large, all his posts are negative, I think he has the wrong car
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

PGBe3

Post by PGBe3 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:09 am

Don't get me wrong, I really want to love this car. As I said in my original post, the concept is great and the hybrid drive is fantastic, if only it was more pleasurable to drive. My other car is an mx-5, so I do know how a well handling car can ride. The mx-5 is a way smoother ride than the chr, which could and should be better. I will certainly explore the 17" wheel option. There are several cool wheel options available in that size on ebay. Thanks for all the advice.

Squadrone Rosso

Post by Squadrone Rosso » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:43 pm

Check your tyre pressures. The Hybrid in particular is know for good ride.
Simon & Clare
July 2017 C-HR Hybrid Limited Edition

Walt

Post by Walt » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:17 am

I find suspension very soft. If you hit a pothole or jump to fast it bottoms out so avoid pot holes and sleeping policemen and alls good.
Nebula blue dynamic.
Sports pack.wind deflectors.mudflaps etc.
With interior blue leds. And carbon addon bits. Running on shell V-Power.

SnowDrop

Post by SnowDrop » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:19 pm

It would be good to know who, of the people who commented above, has a car on 17s and who is on 18s. My wife's hybrid (with 13k kms on the clock) is on 18s and the ride quality is too poor for Irish roads (think black painted plowed field :) ). We had a two day test drive before we purchased, but I am wondering now if that car was on 17s. It was 6 months between ordering and delivery, so that test is distant memory. We had the garage check out the suspension and it is OK. I also just test drove another CH-R on 18s (with 38k kms) and it was slightly softer and rolled a fraction more. I put both differences down to anti roll bar bush wear. There are no cars available with 17s to drive. We are both car nuts (MX-5s, Boxsters, GTRs, GTis) and we love everything else about the car. The 18s are 50% aspect ratio and the 17s are 60%, so there should be a noticeable difference in ride.
Has anyone changed from 18s to 17s (or vice versa) and can comment on the differences?

Thanks.

DutCHR

Post by DutCHR » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:01 am

I have 18 for summer and 17 for winter. The 17 have more comfort and are more silent too.
Comfort can also depend on the brand of tires, type of tires (summer, winter or all-weather) and pressure.
C-HR Hybrid Metalstream Grey --- Genuine JDM styled and also a lot of sh*t from China

Anixie

Post by Anixie » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:44 am

18's soft as can be, and roads in Belgium are bad...
Ruby-Flare C-HR C-Lub Hybrid version, black roof, JBL sound system

Mtaz

Post by Mtaz » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:25 am

Mine has 17-inch wheels, with Dunlop tires, and compared to my Prius, which was a 16-incher with Conti Comfort tires, rides very nicely. Not Mercedes or BMW like, but I think the compromise between hardness for handling, and softness for comfort is just right.

What tires does yours wear? A change in brand can make a significant difference.

Walt

Post by Walt » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:54 am

I'm on 18s and like I said. Seems a soft ride. Git to be carefull going over traffic humps etc.
Nebula blue dynamic.
Sports pack.wind deflectors.mudflaps etc.
With interior blue leds. And carbon addon bits. Running on shell V-Power.

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”