Road sign recognition

Faults and Technical chat for the Toyota C-HR
Jimbo

Road sign recognition

Post by Jimbo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:03 am

Hello just noticed road signs not showing, attempted to turn on in settings but option shaded. Windscreen replaced last year possible the problem but am I missing something simple.

ic2

Re: Road sign recognition

Post by ic2 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi
Did it just stop working or has it never worked?
Regards

ic2

johnan

Post by johnan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:15 pm

I noticed a few weeks ago that the traffic signs were no longer displaying in the information screen in my 6 months old CHR.
I had not changed any settings.

I cycled though the options in the info screen settings but the relevant one was not available ie greyed out.

I left it and went back later to try again and strangely the option was now available...don’t know what I did differently to make it available, or why it stopped working in the first place, but it is OK now.
One of these Toyota quirks?
C-HR Design,1.2 Turbo, Tokyo Red Pearl. space saver spare, chrome side sills and light rings, protection pack, dash cam, Scangauge2, Cheetah C550 camera alert, arm rest inner tray. Private plate.
Old friend in garage, MG Midget

mjvdzwet

Post by mjvdzwet » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:55 pm

Maybe the windscreen was dirty in front of the camera.
Happy and fun driving... is driving a Toyota C-HR Hybrid Premium Metalstream Grey

johnan

Post by johnan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:29 am

That is a good suggestion but I did think of that as perhaps being the cause and gave the screen a good clean in the area of the camera, but the option in the menu was still not available until I returned to try again.
The wiper arc passes over the camera position so the screen was quite clean anyway.

It is fine now so that is the main thing!
C-HR Design,1.2 Turbo, Tokyo Red Pearl. space saver spare, chrome side sills and light rings, protection pack, dash cam, Scangauge2, Cheetah C550 camera alert, arm rest inner tray. Private plate.
Old friend in garage, MG Midget

opettaja

Post by opettaja » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:52 am

Just a thought, but when I got mine, after a few days the smart entry was disabled for some reason. The dealer mentioned that it can sometimes happen that these settings are pushed from the My Toyota server and it can often reset things to default or turn them off altogether.
C-HR 1.8 Hybrid Intense Edition, Tokyo Red with black roof

Jimbo

Post by Jimbo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:37 pm

Recognition hasn’t returned after cleaning screen, must be connected to new screen fitting. Our garage is HW Moon in Wigan and are very good.

Return to “Faults & Technical”