So long and thanks...

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Garry

So long and thanks...

Post by Garry » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:18 pm

So Friday will be a sad day for me. I knew 2 years ago when I took delivery of my C-HR (is it really two years) that my company had gone for only a 24 month lease. This was a bit of a case of being future proof with changes upcoming to Company Tax and also the upcoming change to the WLTP standard for emissions affecting which band things would be in. I also knew that there was a policy in place that any new company vehicles from 2019 had to be at the very least capable of 30 miles of EV range to meet the then BIK rules. I was hoping beyond hope that by now Toyota would have a plug-in version of the C-HR but alas no. So on Friday the C-HR will be taken away on a transporter.

I'm going to miss it. It has been a great servant - reliable, economic and most of all fun. I'm going to miss the looks and comments; not least the reference to transformers.

I'm also going to miss this forum. I've made some great friends here and I've thoroughly enjoyed all the meetups from the first one I attended that the amazing @ans organised to the one I organised in Rutland.

Crazily my next car will be a Jaguar I-Pace (even more crazily the iPaceForums.uk look very similar to these down to the logo). I say crazily because I was really surprised the company would go for what looks on paper a really expensive car but apparently with the tax breaks, the fact there are no petrol costs, and the fact that the contract hire companies seem to have gone for a generous depreciation and therefor rate, means this will be almost the same cost to the company and me as the C-HR.

Anyway 't'is time to go. I will miss you all and I hope you will allow me to gate crash a future meet up.

(p.s. Any advice on what I need to clear down before hand back)
Formerly driver of Company Car: HSD Dynamic Nebula Blue/Black Roof with Red accent ImageImage

Kostas_F

Re: So long and thanks...

Post by Kostas_F » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:50 pm

Amazing that a Jaguar has the same cost as the C-HR. It will never happen here in Greece.
I just goggled the Jaguar and looks fantastic. Happy for you (and jealous :-) )
So long my friend. Thanks for being a part of the forum helping each other. I wish you all the best.
CU around. It's a small world after all.
Toyota C-HR (C-Enter) Hybrid.

Garry

Post by Garry » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:40 pm

Kostas_F wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:50 pm
Amazing that a Jaguar has the same cost as the C-HR. It will never happen here in Greece.
I just goggled the Jaguar and looks fantastic. Happy for you (and jealous :-) )
So long my friend. Thanks for being a part of the forum helping each other. I wish you all the best.
CU around. It's a small world after all.
Thanks Kostas always enjoyed your posts and yes it is a small world. The main reason the i-Pace works out cheaper is that it falls into the lowest Company Car tax rate here and in the third year this will drop to 2%. This does mean in the first year it will be a bit more pricey but over the three year contract hire lease we now have it works out.
Formerly driver of Company Car: HSD Dynamic Nebula Blue/Black Roof with Red accent ImageImage

njr001

Post by njr001 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:58 pm

So long goodbye, just a thought assuming you will sometimes charge it at home, I hope your company will contribute towards your increased electricity bill.

Garry

Post by Garry » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:09 pm

njr001 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:58 pm
So long goodbye, just a thought assuming you will sometimes charge it at home, I hope your company will contribute towards your increased electricity bill.
A very good point. I will mainly be charging it at the company's newly installed charger and they will also pay for any rapid charging when out and about.

ans

Post by ans » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:39 am

sad to see you go , but dont be a stranger ,
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black roof.
Mudflaps,LED interior lights
with Chrome extras.
Wind deflectors,Running boards
Incar Wifi
Ordered SEPT 2016 arrived Jan 2017
https://www.chrforums.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=965
Mercedes slk 350

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:24 am

All the best Garry, thanks for your contributions
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

Garry

Post by Garry » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:18 am

Thanks Ans... I won't

Thanks Asinrute always a pleasure

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:43 am

It was excellent driving in convoy with you and Ans to Beaulieu
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

Mik73

Post by Mik73 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:48 pm

I wish you all the best Garry and enjoy jaguar experience

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”