Flat battery!

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Rosie60

Re: Flat battery!

Post by Rosie60 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:25 pm

Garage has had the car all day and couldn’t find anything wrong. They won’t change the battery because it seems ok. I’m told if it happens again to call them. I’m somewhat frustrated.
Excel in Tyrol Silver with protection pack, Supaguard treatment, protection pack and boot liner.
New Orange Edition on order x love the car just wanted a bit more omph!

Neutron66

Post by Neutron66 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:27 pm

Over the last week my battery (lead acid 12v) has gone flat and the car goes into chaos mode with relays clicking and lights flashing. Strange thing is that you only have to boost the battery enough for the computer to start and its ok. So its not required to turn over the engine if the 300v battery has charge. So I measured the coalescent current taken from the 12v battery when parked and found that the car uses about .01 of an amp for the alarm etc to work. That means if like me you only do short journeys, it is very likely you will run into trouble after a couple of weeks in the winter if you do not recharge the battery with a charger. Be careful though, as the car charging circuit cannot take more than 14v reverse bias which means you should disconnect the battery when charging or you will fry the dc to dc converter!!! Hope that Helps.

I have a 2017 Dynamic

Dave D

Post by Dave D » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:32 pm

Dave D wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:22 pm
My Hybrid was left for 6 weeks in Dec and Jan in the garage..Started first time...
Car left again for 6 weeks in Dec and Jan in the garage..This time FLAT battery got the AA out to jump it..Car went to the Dealer's a week later for its 2 year service, I asked them to check the 12v battery and they said it was fine ??.
Hybrid Excel White Pearl....With no stick on plastic bits from China... Running on supermarket fuel...

adn1962

Post by adn1962 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:24 am

12v battery only powers ECUs for start up etc. All accessories are powered from Hybrid battery. Key is, to keep hybrid battery topped up.
Not really sure why you’d leave car on when calling into a shop.

If you leave ignition on with interior lights, blowers etc, the 12v battery will drain fairly quickly.
Metalstream-HSD-Excel 2018. Mud flaps, dash cam, bumper corner protection, chrome boot and sill protectors, door handle protection film.
2018 Honda Forza 300, touring screen, top box and Puig handguards.

Monkeybiz000

Post by Monkeybiz000 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:04 am

Invest in a NOCO charger with booster, I have the same problem with my Chr hybrid after workong away for around 11 days, I return to my car to get ready to trip home in the chr and guess what, FLAT BATTERY!....TOYOTA told me this will happen if the car sits unused for around 2 weeks, so I bought a NOCO charger, is a small chager and fits snugly in the arm rest, but ideally the battery will need a good charge to get the battery back to full charge

adn1962

Post by adn1962 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:31 am

You need to change transmission of keyless signal. It’s default is 5 days, I’ve set mine to 2 days.

So, for 5 days the car will constantly look for a key signal. This will drain your battery. Ask dealer to reset to 2 or 3 days or buy Carista to do it yourself.
Metalstream-HSD-Excel 2018. Mud flaps, dash cam, bumper corner protection, chrome boot and sill protectors, door handle protection film.
2018 Honda Forza 300, touring screen, top box and Puig handguards.

Alexr

Post by Alexr » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:22 am

adn1962 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:31 am
You need to change transmission of keyless signal. It’s default is 5 days, I’ve set mine to 2 days.

So, for 5 days the car will constantly look for a key signal. This will drain your battery. Ask dealer to reset to 2 or 3 days or buy Carista to do it yourself.
or you can disable it completely for yourself.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loving driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream :P