Parking sensor software bug

Faults and Technical chat for the Toyota C-HR
Big AL x01x

Parking sensor software bug

Post by Big AL x01x » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:10 pm

Hi All,
Yesterday I arrived home from work and drove up to my garage but no parking sensors despite the fact I almost touched it with the bumper. I reversed and tried the rear sensor with the same, no beeps despite nearly touching the garage door.

I locked the car, went in for 10 minutes then went back out to see what could be the problem and hay presto, no issues all working again both front and rear.

The only thing I did on the way home was change from eco to sport mode and back again and I was wondering if that caused a software bug to show up.

Anyone else experienced this? I will try it again later to see if I can replicate the issue.

I should add I did have it switched on and did try switching off and on again on the dash control but it had no effect. Only shutting it down and locking the car seemed to reset it.
C-HR 1.8 Hybrid Dynamic in Decuma Grey.
:D

asinrute

Re: Parking sensor software bug

Post by asinrute » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:50 pm

A bit like your laptop or IPad, very often a re-boot will clear the problem, I wouldn’t worry unless it keeps happening.
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

DutCHR

Post by DutCHR » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:26 pm

Noticed that also two times already.. works when leaving home and did not work when parking 30 minutes later at office.
One ´reboot´ and it all works again.

Next time i will try if the Autopark system can be activated.. maybe it triggers a code or message.
C-HR Hybrid Metalstream Grey --- JDM Style

Rowwan

Post by Rowwan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Also noticed it three or four times in 6 months time. First time I almost hit the wall because I fully trusted the sensors. Other times I paid more attention since I did not hear a single beep while it definitely should have beeped.

Mentioned it to my local dealer, but they had never heard of the problem before.

Link to that topic:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1492&p=14963#p14963

Big AL x01x

Post by Big AL x01x » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:46 pm

Interesting that others also have this which must be a software issue. I wasn’t able to replicate the issue so still not sure what causes the problem.
I’m not overly worried just find it a bit annoying. For some reason there’s reassurance in not being the only one.

mjvdzwet

Post by mjvdzwet » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:27 pm

I haven't experienced it my self. But when this occurs, is the green symbol still lit in the instrument panel?
Happy and fun driving... is driving a Toyota C-HR Hybrid Premium Metalstream Grey

Rowwan

Post by Rowwan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:18 am

Yes, still on. Also the option in the menu states it is still enabled.

mjvdzwet

Post by mjvdzwet » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:26 am

Can you test what happens if you place a "post it" sticky note on one of the sensors and then start the car.
I'm wondering if it will show the "error" display. The car will be shown on the center display with "snowflake" icons around it.
Or that it will disable the sensors.
Happy and fun driving... is driving a Toyota C-HR Hybrid Premium Metalstream Grey

Chris

Post by Chris » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:11 am

It happened to me few times, while i was leaving home sensors were fine but after 10min were not working. Almlost hit the first time it happened ! Switch off and on the car solves the issue, but this is not an excuse.
Toyota C-HR
Pearl White
C-HIC + Tech Pack
1.2 Turbo
Multidrive S

Big AL x01x

Post by Big AL x01x » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:29 pm

Did it to me again today. I can’t think of any particular cause or anything I’ve changed/operated that might cause the bug. It is beginning to annoy me though so might be a trip to Toyota. As I can’t replicate it on purpose it might be difficult to diagnose.

Return to “Faults & Technical”