Announce incoming emails

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
smudger2468

Announce incoming emails

Post by smudger2468 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:16 am

Just purchased my new CHR and can not get the function “Announce incoming emails” to work. Can anyone please advise.
Thank you.

asinrute

Re: Announce incoming emails

Post by asinrute » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:50 am

I get the email on the screen, with the option to cancel or read, took me a while to get it to work, seems to me now that its only relaying it off my phone, as opposed to the car downloading it. I have an Samsung S8 and I had to set up the default Samsung Email App as well as the Gmail app I use.
As soon as I did this the emails started to come through. See page 243 of the Nav manual
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

Kostas_F

Post by Kostas_F » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:37 am

Same here. As soon as I used default Samsung email client it showed up on C-HRs screen. Doesn't work with Gmail or inbox by Google.
My phone is Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
Toyota C-HR (C-Enter) Hybrid.

smudger2468

Post by smudger2468 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:47 am

I only have gmail on my iphone 7. Will that not work at all? If no does anyone know why?
Thanks.

Kostas_F

Post by Kostas_F » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:20 am

I found multiple references that Toyota touch 2 email doesn't work with iPhone but they are old.
For example search in this page for the word iPhone. http://blog.toyota.co.uk/how-to-use-the ... ia-systems
I really don't believe that Toyota made such a progress to make it work.

They don't even fix Twitter which doesn't work for months now.

I just check "mytoyota" in bluetooth compatibility and neither iphone 7 or iphone 8 have this ability.
E-Mail notification with text - NO
E-Mail reading -NO
Toyota C-HR (C-Enter) Hybrid.

Jmgaitan

Post by Jmgaitan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:46 am

I have a s8 plus. And i have a problems that i don't know how to resolve.
I can receive the email..... i use the oficial app for email of samsung and i haven't problems with this.
My problem appears when I open the email and use the option 'read me'. Many time when I open the mesagge. The screen don't show it. Any time it shows me the email before or simply don't show nothing.....

In this moment. All the function related with the phone are blocking. And I need to stop my car and turn off the vehicle.

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:08 am

I get the email on the screen, with the option to cancel or read, took me a while to get it to work, seems to me now that its only relaying it off my phone, as opposed to the car downloading it. I have an Samsung S8 and I had to set up the default Samsung Email App as well as the Gmail app I use.
That’s the same for me as well, don’t get the car to read them that out that often, but never had a problem when I do. I’m pretty sure it’s just relayed to the car from the phone. Samsung S8 as well
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

Jmgaitan

Post by Jmgaitan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:01 pm

I have a s8 plus. And i have a problems that i don't know how to resolve.
I can receive the email..... i use the oficial app for email of samsung and i haven't problems with this.
My problem appears when I open the email and use the option 'read me'. Many time when I open the mesagge. The screen don't show it. Any time it shows me the email before or simply don't show nothing.....

In this moment. All the function related with the phone are blocking. And I need to stop my car and turn off the vehicle.

kiig

Post by kiig » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:17 am

I dont knwo why it is like this, - but my Android devices can announce email and text messages, - my Iphone's cannot. Seems like a design thing.

The options for turning this on/off is greyed out when an Iphone is connected, - and they are operational when an Android device is connected.

Kim.

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”