Delivery times

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
nigelhj

Re: Delivery times

Post by nigelhj » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:57 pm

I'm wondering if any of you who have recently taken delivery have any suggestions as to what I may need to be looking out for or asking for help with before driving off. Was there anything that you wished you had asked about? Or has everything been relatively easy?
Hi C-HR Blue, I had to wait for 3 months before collecting mine and during that time (even though I had an extended test drive for 24hrs) there was a lot to familiarize myself with more so on how to drive a hybrid and get the best from it.

Plenty of videos on You Tube (ignore the ones with reviews as those reporters can be bias)

Also best to start here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=285

Plenty of helpful information to get to know the car you are buying.

Regards
Nigel.
Dynamic Hybrid in Nebula Blue with Black Roof

ravedave

Post by ravedave » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:02 pm

Hi Again, Was told when I ordered my new Toyota CH-R hybrid Dynamic in Decuma Grey on 20th March 2019 that delivery would be between 20th to 28th June ,but went to dealer for update & was told ,Your car has been Built but its on the SEA :? I said on the SEA :? & you have 7 more weeks to wait to end July now, So I said 7 more weeks from the SEA :roll: wherever to UK I feel Well sick Dealer said Toyota Dont give us much info on orders :?

Tandaaa

Post by Tandaaa » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:51 am

Just another update on the Hybrid Dynamic I ordered on 06/03/2019...

Had the call from the dealer yesterday, advised they will have the car on Wednesday and will be available for me to collect on Friday 21/06/2019.

Three and a half months from order to delivery, not exactly brilliant. Could be worse though, the dealer mentioned that new Rav4 orders are now only expected for delivery into 2020 now :shock:

Ade4533

Post by Ade4533 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:15 am

ravedave wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:02 pm
Hi Again, Was told when I ordered my new Toyota CH-R hybrid Dynamic in Decuma Grey on 20th March 2019 that delivery would be between 20th to 28th June ,but went to dealer for update & was told ,Your car has been Built but its on the SEA :? I said on the SEA :? & you have 7 more weeks to wait to end July now, So I said 7 more weeks from the SEA :roll: wherever to UK I feel Well sick Dealer said Toyota Dont give us much info on orders :?
I too ordered mine around the 20th March and have been given a delivery date of the 29th July. Hope mines on the same boat as yours :lol: . Very little info from dealer and even less from Toyota :roll: .
I'm so hoping everything is perfect when it arrives.
Dealer said they would offer me a little something in the way of a little sweetener for the prolonged wait, but we will wait and see, not holding my breath. :o

ravedave

Post by ravedave » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:48 pm

Ade4533 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:15 am
ravedave wrote:
I too ordered mine around the 20th March and have been given a delivery date of the 29th July. Hope mines on the same boat as yours :lol: . Very little info from dealer and even less from Toyota :roll: .
Dealer said they would offer me a little something in the way of a little sweetener for the prolonged wait, but we will wait and see, not holding my breath. :o
Yeah hope ours are on same boat :lol: Our cars may be in uk stored at Toyota import centre, Portbury Dock, near Bristol,my dealer said he would phone me every week for updates,what CH-R model have you ordered :)

Alflavor

Post by Alflavor » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:29 pm

Just ordered a new CHR dynamic in nebula blue as a personal lease. Was quoted Nov/Dec delivery initially but now have been told end sept/early Oct! A while to wait either way!

nigelhj

Post by nigelhj » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:46 pm

I had to wait 3 months before receiving mine and reading of other members wait on their orders one has to pop the question..........Are these waits due to the popularity of the C-HR as a friend of ours ordered a new Yaris Hybrid and only had to wait about 2 weeks before delivery.

Regards
Nigel.

CH-R Blue

Post by CH-R Blue » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:59 pm

Thank you for this nigelhj. There's plenty to digest there. I think the user manual is a good place to start.
nigelhj wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:57 pm
I'm wondering if any of you who have recently taken delivery have any suggestions as to what I may need to be looking out for or asking for help with before driving off. Was there anything that you wished you had asked about? Or has everything been relatively easy?
Hi C-HR Blue, I had to wait for 3 months before collecting mine and during that time (even though I had an extended test drive for 24hrs) there was a lot to familiarize myself with more so on how to drive a hybrid and get the best from it.

Plenty of videos on You Tube (ignore the ones with reviews as those reporters can be bias)

Also best to start here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=285

Plenty of helpful information to get to know the car you are buying.

Regards
Nigel.

Ade4533

Post by Ade4533 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:50 pm

ravedave wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:48 pm
Ade4533 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:15 am
ravedave wrote:
Yeah hope ours are on same boat :lol: Our cars may be in uk stored at Toyota import centre, Portbury Dock, near Bristol,my dealer said he would phone me every week for updates,what CH-R model have you ordered :)
At least your dealer is keeping you updated, not heard from mine for weeks, when I contact just get told, " we don't know anything, just got to wait, it will be worth it!"
I've ordered Eclipse black 1.8 Hybrid Design.

nigelhj

Post by nigelhj » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:27 pm

At least your dealer is keeping you updated, not heard from mine for weeks, when I contact just get told, " we don't know anything, just got to wait, it will be worth it!"
I think it should be standard practice for salesmen to give courtesy calls every so often to keep the customer updated even if they do not have a date for delivery, customer service I think it is called.

Just my penny worth.

Regards
Nigel.

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”