Delivery times

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
mcsherd

Re: Delivery times

Post by mcsherd » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:50 am

I order a CHR Hybrid Nebula blue 10th March and was told a delivery dated 7th May, Found out yesterday its been pushed back to sometime in June, all dealer could say was its due to BREXIT!

Am not happy, my current car is due an MOT and service in June and dont really want to fork out for this extra expense. I suppose the only good thing is my trade in price will remain the same :)

lornmower

Post by lornmower » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:24 pm

Ordered an excel with full leather and jbl sound early March to be told expect delivery end of May when my existing lease car was due to go back. Contacted dealer , whose staff were very good , only to be told delivery now been pushed back to end of June , early July . Not happy with this I contacted Toyota who batted me back to dealer who has now told me don't know when it will be here and will look for alternative spec . No joy.
Toyota have come back to say will be at least end of July!!!! .

Have today cancelled order.

Competitors can guarantee me a new vehicle within 3/4 weeks and that includes Mercedes.

So disappointed but in this economic climate would have thought they need all the sales they can get.

CH-R Blue

Post by CH-R Blue » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:39 pm

I also ordered a Nebula Blue one at the weekend. My paperwork suggested an expected delivery time of the end of May. I have spoken to the dealer today and he advised ... beginning of August, with a potential to be brought forward if at all possible! I am still contemplating my reaction. I could have had a white one within a week. But I didn't want a white one, even with a grand discount being offered. I am in a similar position to you mcsherd ... I have an MOT due in July. I have no doubts my car will pass, but it's an expense I would not be expecting to incur. Someone is going to have the full benefit of a 12 month MOT at my expense. I'm going to wait until nearer the time. If the MOT has to be done, I will ask the dealership, that I have given my current vehicle in part exchange, to contribute to the costs of MOT, or see if they'll stand it themselves. I can only ask. In the meantime I shall be keeping an eye on this thread. I can tolerate the August date, but if it gets pushed back, my order will be cancelled.

mcsherd

Post by mcsherd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:35 am

Lornmower - Did Toyota say why the delay? Its so frustating, if I didnt really like the car I'd be cancelling mine too :(

lornmower

Post by lornmower » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:21 pm

Basically didn't want know just batted me back to the dealers. Seems concentration is being made on better selling new corollas and rave 4s

devonaygo

Post by devonaygo » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:44 pm

The reason for delay is the upswing in popularity of Hybrid especially in the UK, sales of Hybrid Yaris & C-HR are up over 70% on last years figures, by the close of Q1 virtually all of Q2 UK production had already been allocated meaning if you try and order a car that Toyota GB have not placed a speculative "stock" order on for Q2 then your order is being assigned to Q3 Supply with deliveries for July.

Toyota are trying to increase capacity for the UK supplies but this means taking capacity from other markets this will take time and just to add to the complexity the Plant in Turkey has only just started production of New Corolla Saloon so a degree of focus and extra capacity is on this model

MacTky

Post by MacTky » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:21 am

If there is a run on buying C-HR in the UK, why aren't they being built here?

We wanted to order one in October. But if it's taking months for delivery then we may have to look for a diesel to get the mpg. Petrol engines are just too expensive to run unless coupled with hybrid.

Karmalakas

Post by Karmalakas » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:58 am

MacTky wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:21 am
If there is a run on buying C-HR in the UK, why aren't they being built here?
You can't be serious...
Probably that's why - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_T ... ed_Kingdom
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)

Tandaaa

Post by Tandaaa » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:52 am

Placed an order for a Dynamic in Nebula Blue on 06/03/2019, at the time I was told expected delivery at the end of May or start of June.

Chased it yesterday and was given an eta of 15/06/2019, but could still come forward or get pushed back.

Kallyloo

Post by Kallyloo » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:57 am

I’m going to try to chase mine every 2-3 weeks as the car is urgently needed, and perhaps the extra attention will keep the car more solidly on track with the dealer at least.
My delivery time hasn’t changed so far, but the wait is long enough (10 - 12 weeks) any longer is unforgivable.

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”