Tyre Pressure Warning Light - TPMS

Faults and Technical chat for the Toyota C-HR
kiig

Re: Tyre Pressure Warning Light - TPMS

Post by kiig » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:57 pm

Boost - that sounds like a success story for the TPMS system- good to know it works :-)

I eventually managed to turn off my TPMS lamp.... not entirely sure how...
started... longpress while it was blinking.. nothing... then it stopped blinking and was permanent on.. longpressed.. still nothing....
pressed 3 times... blinking slowly.. longpressed again... still nothing... then it went in to permanent 'mode' and I longpressed again.

and _then_ the lamp turned off after about 5-10 seconds... did not see the 'Successfull' message I briefly noticed the other day though.... but it went away.... and hasn't turned on again after 3 more trips....

so it's probably gonna be exactly the same for next swap... try and try and and try again... :-)

DutCHR

Post by DutCHR » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:25 pm

There is no ´succesful´ message. If its succesfull and OK the light goes out.

To monitor the tire pressure i added a display that gets the info live from the TPMS sensors and OBD connector.
If the light goes on i can see which tire is faulty... or (when all are on normal pressure) its just the lower outside temperature that triggers the TPMS system. Comes from Aliexpress from China. Works like a charm.

C-HR Hybrid Metalstream Grey --- Genuine JDM styled and also a lot of sh*t from China

Walt

Post by Walt » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:40 pm

Is it plug and play. Link please.
Nebula blue dynamic.
Sports pack.wind deflectors.mudflaps etc.
With interior blue leds. And carbon addon bits. Running on shell V-Power.

DutCHR

Post by DutCHR » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:03 pm

Yes, its plug-and play. There is a Y-cable included for the OBD connector so your OBD will be reachable as usual.

Search on Aliexpress for ´Toyota izoa TPMS´ and you will find this display. If not, your country is excluded from shipping..
Note only that the grey coloured edge of the display on the pictures is a shiny chrome colour in real.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20191011070127&SearchText=toyota+izoa+tpms&switch_new_app=y
C-HR Hybrid Metalstream Grey --- Genuine JDM styled and also a lot of sh*t from China

Return to “Faults & Technical”