Toyota C-HR Forum banner

CHR on motorway

8K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Shoot 
#1 ·
I adore the looks of the CHR and I'm going to order a 1.8 hybrid in metal stream I do most weeks 100 miles one day a week on the flat motorway here in the U.K. what speed am I best to keep it at to get best mpg ? Would 70 mpg get 60 mpg ?

#3 ·
You will get better mpg at slower speeds on the motorway but there has to be a compromise, so I find 60-65 is reasonable.

#6 ·
Karmalakas said:
90-100 km/h gets me to ~5l/100km (talking about real consumption here - not what C-HR lies on display)
I calculate that to be about 56.5 mpg in UK gallons. I think I get a little more than that from motorway driving, but hard to be precise as depends if up hill or down, warm or cold. I get 56mpg overall from all driving (real, not displayed) and get more on longer journeys with motorways. It can creep over 60 sometimes.

#7 ·
Alexr said:
I calculate that to be about 56.5 mpg in UK gallons. I think I get a little more than that from motorway driving, but hard to be precise as depends if up hill or down, warm or cold. I get 56mpg overall from all driving (real, not displayed) and get more on longer journeys with motorways. It can creep over 60 sometimes.
These numbers are from my trips of thousands of kilometers on motorways (not sure if it's the same here as where you are) where speed limit is 90-110 km/h. If the speed is 130-140 km/h, then consumption goes up and starts from 6,5l/100km (again from experience of thousands of kms on such roads).

#9 ·
Karmalakas said:
Alexr said:
These numbers are from my trips of thousands of kilometers on motorways (not sure if it's the same here as where you are) where speed limit is 90-110 km/h. If the speed is 130-140 km/h, then consumption goes up and starts from 6,5l/100km (again from experience of thousands of kms on such roads).
Same experience here. On highway I could see little difference between my former 1.8 and my current 2.0.
Doing 110 is 5ish, mostly below 5. @140 always is above 6.
Strong head winds are adding .5ish. Strong rain + strong wind + above 130 = not love! Even though is such weather highways are virtually empty so not a lot of breaking due to traffic.
Toyota did published a bad aerodynamic coefficient for C-HR, so no surprises fuel consumption increase significantly with speed and high humidity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.