Toyota C-HR Forum banner

New C-HR Owner

13K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  ok365 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I took delivery of my first Toyota a couple of weeks ago. It's the 2 l Excel model. I'm already getting 55mpg which is a lot more than the Mercedes I used to run! I'm looking forward to getting to know my car and join in with the chat here. Any tips for a C-HR newbie would be most welcome! :D

#3 ·
Sorry for using this thread, but I guess that this is something that is relevant to all new owners.
I am waiting for my 2.0l CHR delivery from day-to-day now (had delivery date 16.03 and due to COVID it might take some more days).
I was wondering what would be the ideal way to perform your break in period for the car.
I am asking this because I don't know if Atkinson engines require the same approach (in theory at least) as the Otto ones i.e. start with a few miles on specific rpms and then increase rpms every 500km until you reach ~2,500 KMs. (I am using KMs instead of Miles because i am Greek)

Maybe this is too much too ask. A simple approach saying that you don't have to go heavy on it from scratch may suffice.
Anyways thanks in advance for the response.
Chris

#4 ·
From the 2017 manual
To extend the life of the vehicle, observing the following precautions is recommended:
●For the first 300 km (200 miles): Avoid sudden stops.
●For the first 800 km (500 miles): Do not tow a trailer.
●For the first 1600 km (1000 miles):
• Do not drive at extremely high speeds.
• Avoid sudden acceleration.
• Do not drive at a constant speed for extended periods.

#5 ·
Hi I'm just coming up to my second month driving my Toyota chr excel and it is amazing I had the icon modle be for and didnt think I'd drive any thing better but how wrong I was this excel is just unreal the only thing I am struggling with is the Android auto I've down loaded on to my phone but can't get it to work with my system I've tried everything I can think of I've tried looking it up on utube but still can't get it to work I no I'm not very tech minded so if any body can help me in simple terms I'd be really greatful thanjs

#10 ·
Thanks for every one's advice it's sorted now thanks guys sorry I am finding it difficult useing my sat nav I needed to be some where the others day so used sat nav typed post code where I wanted to go searched but didn't find any results tried again after putting ST3 in I noticed it picked up then next number I was about to put in so I press enter and it found what I thought was my destination but sadly it wasn't it took me to the rite are but I was a mile or 2 away from where I need to be can any body help please

#13 ·
I'm sorry, but I failed to understand your problem. I get it that you're searching for a post code, navigation can find it. And you're using some "trick" and it puts you somewhere else.
What navigation are you using? Built-in? Google Maps? Apple Maps? Waze?
If you're searching for the same post code on your phone, let's say on Google Maps, it finds the right address?

#15 ·
ok365 said:
We are collecting our new 2 litre Orange Edition next Wednesday. We are very excited. Currently, we have 1.8 Excel. We had a test drive in the 2 litre CHR last week. How do you use that S+/S- gears? It seems to be that the 2litre engine has this S+/S- gears.
You move the lever to the right and can then move it backwards and forwards to change up / down "virtually". I use this feature going down steep hills to give "engine" braking, but otherwise just leave it in D.
Colin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.