All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loved driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream for 4 yrs
Now loving my C-HR 2.0 Dynamic in Pearl White and black. :P

drabisan

Re: Orange edition

Post by drabisan » Tue May 26, 2020 6:38 pm

I was saying somewhere menu to connect multimedia unit to wifi is useless.
Some people for some other models managed to "fix" that by upgrading the software.
Yesterday it seems that Toyota published an update for my unit.
It's at http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europ ... Latest.zip
Release notes are as comprehensive as one can dream of: improve system stability and bug fixes. At least that it says when I install it. Nothing can be find on the web.
So right model 17TDT1EU-DA31, upgrade is from 1007 to 1075. It takes longer to unpack the zip file to an USB stick, upgrade it's a matter of 2 minutes. All needs to be done it's shown on the display.
And wifi still can't find any hotspot.
PS: I have no clue if this is suppose to be performed by end-user so you do it on your risk.

Let this be the only problem! Can't say I don't care, it's just annoying I have a menu that does nothing :)
Other than that? Car just works and I love it! Pushing the gas it's absolute fun! And after 1h of driving with loud music...oh boy!

devonaygo

Post by devonaygo » Tue May 26, 2020 8:26 pm

drabisan wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:38 pm
I was saying somewhere menu to connect multimedia unit to wifi is useless.
Some people for some other models managed to "fix" that by upgrading the software.
Yesterday it seems that Toyota published an update for my unit.
It's at http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europ ... Latest.zip
Release notes are as comprehensive as one can dream of: improve system stability and bug fixes. At least that it says when I install it. Nothing can be find on the web.
So right model 17TDT1EU-DA31, upgrade is from 1007 to 1075. It takes longer to unpack the zip file to an USB stick, upgrade it's a matter of 2 minutes. All needs to be done it's shown on the display.
And wifi still can't find any hotspot.
PS: I have no clue if this is suppose to be performed by end-user so you do it on your risk.

Let this be the only problem! Can't say I don't care, it's just annoying I have a menu that does nothing :)
Other than that? Car just works and I love it! Pushing the gas it's absolute fun! And after 1h of driving with loud music...oh boy!
Does you car have factory navigation ( should have a MEU software version if so).

As the information I have says latest software enables wifi on T1 type headunit only if MEU is installed

drabisan

Post by drabisan » Wed May 27, 2020 9:38 am

I think I found the answer in MM17 diagnostic manual.

"With the MEU not connected only Wi-Fi Direct for MirrorLink and Miracast is available. With the MEU connected the DCU can also connect to an Wi-Fi
access point such as a mobile hotspot created by a smartphone. "

My reading is I can't connect multimedia unit to Wi-Fi because MEU is not present. So for cars with no navigation built in, there's no internet access.

drabisan

Post by drabisan » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:23 pm

One drawback for this car: it draws too much attention! Too often for my taste another driver on the road turns into an idiot. Funny are the ones that are seeing a Toyota and they have to proof their car is faster. Sometimes worth showing them it's actually a fast car 😉. And it is! When pushed this one delivers!
But the real idiots...being a definition of road bully. I had to buy a camera. My choice was front and rear Thinkware Q800 Pro. As Irish dealer is still on lockdown (whatever), I bought it from Amazon and asked Toyota to install it. Less than 2h job and price was lower than Thinkware has online. My main concern was not to get any cricket in the car. I got none so far. Installation is clean, all cables are just perfect.
I'm happy with the result. Camera is decent to good. Software can be better or at least documentation could be way better.

And today I managed the best fuel consumption: 120km with average 5.0. 5.2 way in and 4.8 on the way back. Light traffic and speed always 10km/h over the speed limit, but I don't know the average speed.

drabisan

Post by drabisan » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:23 pm

One quick update: when reversing and car "sees" something, it breaks automatically and and breaks hard!
It's great, can't say it saved me at any moment, but it's a big plus. Just it's breaking so hard! And it's not that smart. It can't tell if the vehicle or person is walking away from car or coming towards. Consequently, when getting out of parking lot, I have to wait an extra second to make sure car/person doesn't show at all in the reverse camera (reverse camera is not used by the system, it's just a reference I set for me). Otherwise it will break on me shortly after I release the break pedal.

drabisan

Post by drabisan » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:41 pm

Totoya published last week an update for 17TDT1EU-DA31. This upgrades it to 1101. In my case from 1075.
Performance improvements and bugs fixes are the only notes attached.
I did the upgrade to my car. Nothing seems different.
Link is http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europ ... Latest.zip

drabisan

Post by drabisan » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:57 pm

1. School run and cold !=love for a 2l engine. Last 2 petrol station visits showed a 7.3l/100km average!
2. Still a beautiful car! Even dirty!
3. I tried Sygic! Instead of Google Maps or Waze! They open navigation to 3rd parties and Sygic is first! Looks super good! But don't use Emma's voice in Sygic unless you love adult movies!
4. I wonder if lockdowns didn't turn some people into stupid drivers? At least in Ireland this looks like to be true! And it's not because of Christmas rush or because some people are well above driving age (I'm not too far from renewing driving license yearly because of the age), but man...some people have to realise they are incapable!

drabisan

Post by drabisan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:00 pm

1st year service.
Nothing to complain on my side. Just an 1h quick service. Oil, automated tests. All green.
Price: 0Euro! Because Toyota Ireland and first 3 yearly visits are free of charge.

I told them when I'll be able to come back and collect it. By the time I arrived, they washed and clean the car. But Toyota Sandyford was always a great dealer, the best one I've ever worked with!

drabisan

Post by drabisan » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:29 pm

First birthday!
12800km and all great! Today it saw its first snow. Covering camera near mirror and it disabled anti-collision system
Fuel consumption: it hates 5-6km rides. Only from shirt rides average can easily go to 7-7.5l/100km. For rides of15-20 or longer, it gets back to ~5.