My CH-R keeps beeping (and drives me crazy)

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
IceColdCrash

Re: My CH-R keeps beeping (and drives me crazy)

Post by IceColdCrash » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:14 pm

raija wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:28 pm
Yes. I've tested it.
First I set RTA on and I drove a road with 30 km/h, 60 km/h and 80 km/h. C-HR acted as expected. Correct traffic sign is display and alarm is heard when I drove too fast, in other words above 10 km/h speed limit (that's what I've set). Warning is different than "my" beep-beep. :)
Then I set RTA off and drove the same road and no alarms and no traffic signs were displayed.
Just asking as there are lots of posts about it,
Have you switched of the camera/traffic alert?
One other user mentioned that his phone, when connected to car Bluetooth and the phone battery was low it would beep thru the car speakers
15/03/2019 - 1.8 Hybrid

007bont

Post by 007bont » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:42 pm

My point is that it is exactly the same sound. So that is something your dealer can have a look at. Or maybe even disable it for a while to see if your beeping goes away

raija

Post by raija » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:31 pm

This is a complete mystery to me.

I took a test drive with camera/traffic alert on and off. No effect -beeping continues. Previously, I tested the problem by driving on a middle of the straight road with no one else nearby. This can easily be done in Finland... :D

I think this is a real malfunction but I will not drive 160km unless the reason is clear.

The only things I know for sure is that the beep frequency is 2 kHz, and (unlike I may be asserted) the first beep-beep will come, when the vehicle speed is approx. 30 km / h or the car has progressed to a certain time, which normally corresponds to approx. 30 km / h acceleration. The second time the car beeps when the car is stopped. C-hr does some measurements / calculations / tests while driving and announces with beep-beep, but I don't get it ??? :roll:
Toyota CH-R Hybrid 2017 with Toyota Touch 2 and Go & miniature English bull terrier

Alexr

Post by Alexr » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:05 pm

I have been looking out for a double beep, and noticed that I get a double beep when I press the EV button and Ev mode is not available, and I noticed in the video the first double beep coincides with EV coming on. Can’t see a connection immediately but I thought I would throw it in in case it triggers some ideas.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loving driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream :P

raija

Post by raija » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:29 pm

Alexr wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:05 pm
I have been looking out for a double beep, and noticed that I get a double beep when I press the EV button and Ev mode is not available, and I noticed in the video the first double beep coincides with EV coming on. Can’t see a connection immediately but I thought I would throw it in in case it triggers some ideas.
I noticed the same thing and lightly tested the EV mode, but I will seriously try that EV tomorrow (so I mean today).
Thanks for the tip!
Toyota CH-R Hybrid 2017 with Toyota Touch 2 and Go & miniature English bull terrier

raija

Post by raija » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:32 pm

The video below has one mystery beep first and then three EVmode beep.
In my opinion, they are not the same beep.

ps. The EVmode warning sounds the same whether the car is parked or in motion (so don't worry about the brake warning light).

adn1962

Post by adn1962 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:35 pm

You sure it’s not RCTA alert?

Turn it off and leave BSM on and see if it stops.
Metalstream Excel 2018. Mud flaps, dash cam, Bumper corner protection, chrome boot and sill protectors, door handle protection film, Smoked Toyota wind deflectors, Spare wheel kit.
Bike - 2018 Honda Forza 300, touring screen, top box and Puig handguards.

raija

Post by raija » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:53 pm

The beep is not caused by the RCTA because the beep only sounds when I drive forward. The BSM works properly in my car because sometimes it alarms when it needs to. I also tried to put of both off-state, but peeps just goes on.

If I drive slowly enough (maybe about 25km / h) the c-hr will not beep while driving and not when I stop. But the journey folds too slowly at that speed. :D As I drive in the city, beeping is almost continuous: accelerate to traffic lights (beep), stop to traffic lights (beep), accelerate to traffic lights (beep), stop to traffic lights (beep). Even fewer beeps starts to <censored>.

raija

Post by raija » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:14 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I am ashamed.
It was an automatic parking disc that beeps. The batteries have been replaced and everything is ok.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

110300070101-999-p.jpg

Alexr

Post by Alexr » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:31 pm

...and so you should be !!! 😂😉
But glad it is sorted and your car is not faulty.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loving driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream :P