Toyota C-HR Forum banner

What did you do with your C-HR today?

205K views 289 replies 76 participants last post by  forkingabout1978 
#1 ·
Every other forum I'm a member of has one of these threads as a sticky and it is well used with more posts than any other on the 5 x sites I frequent.

Cosmetic things mainly that make you feel good, from a wash, new tyre caps/accessories and wheels/tyres.

Can the Mods make it so? :D

As a first post I had Michelin CrossClimate+ XL tyres fitted today, and paid less than £450 all in (17 inch on my Icon) Plus I also get a free amazon Eco for buying 4! :)

Night and day difference and taking corners in the wet with these fitted and I realise what a wallowy old hector the Primacy 3's made the car feel like!

If/when I sell mine I'll put the original primacy 3's back on as the tyre size fits most nissan jukes and kumquat's, given that I've done 16k miles in 18 months and still have 6mm on the primacy 3's I should be able to sell the CC's for around £250 if they've the same

#70 ·
Infuriating when that happens but the damage appears to be only cosmetic so should not take too long to put right.

Years ago when I only had a new Corolla for 14 days, was rear-ended causing quite a bit of damage, the offending driver then had the nerve to say 'I didn't see you'!! :x I had stopped at a stop sign and the driver did not see me?

Regards
Nigel.

#71 ·
Guys. My car is 2 years old! Still infuriating to have scuffed it but these things happen

#72 ·
Hi,

I got some Blackvue 750s dual dash cameras fitted today at Halfords. Nice tidy job. I got the external battery pack so the cameras record continously when the engine is switched off and doesnt rely on Car Battery. When ignition is on it recharges the battery in 40 mins ready to go again for when it is switched off in parking mode.
Nice piece of kit and a bit more protection and piece of mind 😊

#73 ·
Rosie60 said:
Guys. My car is 2 years old! Still infuriating to have scuffed it but these things happen
whether it is a day or 5 years old it is never nice. The good thing is the dmg does not look too bad and a quick job to fix :)

series60nokia said:
Hi,

I got some Blackvue 750s dual dash cameras fitted today at Halfords. Nice tidy job. I got the external battery pack so the cameras record continously when the engine is switched off and doesnt rely on Car Battery. When ignition is on it recharges the battery in 40 mins ready to go again for when it is switched off in parking mode.
Nice piece of kit and a bit more protection and piece of mind 😊
Good idea. cameras are needed for the car

#74 ·
Got my first service done today. The Malaysian service schedule seems rather intensive, compared to the U.K. for instance. 1000km, 5000km and then every 10000km thereafter, or 6 monthly, witchever comes sooner.

Also got a Toyota branded dash cam installed. Quite a neat installation, just behind the rear view mirror. A bit pricier than third-party devices, and of course front facing only, cost around $120, including installation and a 3-year warranty. Anyone else have this option?

Attachments

#76 ·
Yes correct, no wires showing at all. From the headlining to the camera, they have used the same black plastic cover as on the rain sensor and auto rear view mirror to conceal wires.

Camera activates and records in HD with ignition on, and switches off automatically.

Only downside is the camera is a no-frills unit, but I guess it does the job.