Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Any suggestions for phone dock?

70K views 81 replies 36 participants last post by  dimgr 
#1 ·
Hey guys!
I'm waiting for my C-HR Exec Hybrid to arrive and I choose one without navigation considering I preferred using my phone in my old Mini even thought I had navigation installed.

Has anyone spotted a functional and good looking dock that suits the C-HR?

Windshield suction cup is out of the question, I need it to be discrete and stylish. :cool:

I'll post links below if I find any but all suggestions are appreciated!

#56 ·
Andries said:
Here some pics from the Belkin phone cupholder.
Because the cupholderfrom the C-HR is a little bit deep, put onthe bottem foam about 1/2 inch.
The cup holder from the C-HR is not full round so put on one off the tree siszes from the cupholder also foam about 1/2 inch.
You see picueres from;
-Belkin cupholder
-Belkin cupholder with foam
- Mounted in de C-HR
-With phone in landscape
-With other Navi device (Garmin)
-And finally with the ScanGaugeII.
So you can see you haves multiple possibilities
How can I see your pics of the Belkin phone cupholder? I can´t see them. Sorry i am new in this forum :D

#57 ·
I don't recommend Belkin cup holder mount. First - you'll have to add something to cup holder, because it's not round. Second - one cupholder broke, got a replacement from Belkin and it also broke. Both mounts didn't last a month combined.

#58 ·
Karmalakas said:
I don't recommend Belkin cup holder mount. First - you'll have to add something to cup holder, because it's not round. Second - one cupholder broke, got a replacement from Belkin and it also broke. Both mounts didn't last a month combined.
Thank you for the advice. Im going to receive mine at the end of this month but still confuse which to to get for my note 8

#60 ·
MaartenK said:
I have a Brodit mount installed since about a year, carried over the phone specific holder from my previous car. It clicks into the edge of the dashboard plastic and then you screw in your holder. Good stuff.

https://www.brodit.co.uk/brodit/vehicles/Toyota/C%2DHR/2017/655288.htm
Isn't it too far away from you?
Doesn't it annoy the passager?

I'v always used Brodit, I just doesn't like that it looks like it's so far away.. :)

#69 ·
Got the dock this weekend and installed it today:

There IS a sticky tape layer whish you can peel off to stick it to the dash, but after trying to test it I could just click it in to position without using the sticky part. So that's a plus! When you put the dock part in (on the balljoint) it sits there comfortably and tightly. The dock does feel a little bit flimsy, but when you tighten the ball lock it will stay in place.

The only real issue is my phone itself, I have an S9+ with the original Samsung flip case, which makes it to thick to fit in the openings of the holderarms. Upright however there is enough grab that it wont fall out though even over bumps and through tight curves. Panoramic wont work with my phone case on. Without it works perfectly in horizontal and landscape.

All in all an ok buy for 21$ incl shipping!

#72 ·
I wanted a phone dock basically for google maps. As PJPLONDON suggested earlier on page 5, I use one of these and I am totally satisfied because: a) it is very steady, b) I wanted no glue (it has a 3M tape but I don't use it because it sits nicely without it!), c) I am not a fan of magnetic holders that require extra cases for phone and d) other plastic holders that I've used on several cars over the years just fall off eventually. I think it is perfect for map viewing (only restriction the landscape mode) because the place it fits (just above the steering wheel) is very convenient. I don't know if it is practical for other use (music and stuff) but for what I wanted it is perfect
Car Plant Vehicle Speedometer Automotive design

Car Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design Vehicle

Attachments

#73 ·
Overexposed said:
I wanted a phone dock basically for google maps. As PJPLONDON suggested earlier on page 5, I use one of these and I am totally satisfied because: a) it is very steady, b) I wanted no glue (it has a 3M tape but I don't use it because it sits nicely without it!), c) I am not a fan of magnetic holders that require extra cases for phone and d) other plastic holders that I've used on several cars over the years just fall off eventually. I think it is perfect for map viewing (only restriction the landscape mode) because the place it fits (just above the steering wheel) is very convenient. I don't know if it is practical for other use (music and stuff) but for what I wanted it is perfect
IMG_1965.jpg
IMG_1964.jpg
It is not available anymore in Amazon. I found a similar in ebay. Should I go for it or is it a cheap imitation?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-Car-HUD-Dashboard-Mount-Holder-Stand-Bracket-Support-For-Universal-Phone-GPS/183463073364?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20180306143914%26meid%3Dd0a92ee8625f489aaa7b01351df3fd40%26pid%3D100935%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D163284869927%26itm%3D183463073364&_trksid=p2056116.c100935.m2460

#74 ·
I think you should go for it. It's not something you should put money on. I got it from amazon but it came from china too... check

https://www.amazon.fr/Reusious-Dashboard-sécurisée-Smartphones-téléphone/dp/B075C3ZYW2/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1546811512&sr=8-8&keywords=Car+holder.[/url]

It seems to be identical. If you do the trick with 3 euros you will be two times satisfied :p...And from my experience I think you will. If it's not the same, the concept is exactly the same. From where it fits it won't go anywhere. I don't know if it will last forever but I know I won't regret the (little) money I gave. So it' s a rather safe choice. Only concern to see if your phone meets the requirements (size or weight).

#75 ·
Overexposed said:
IMG_1965.jpg
IMG_1964.jpg
I just purchased a similar one and it seems fine. The only disadvantage is that the steering wheel hides a small part of the bottom of the phone screen. But it does the work fine! Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.