Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Layer of snow after 1200km

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Karmalakas 
#1 ·
Just had a trip of ~1200km (~14 hours). Second half of it it was snowing a lot :)

Car Tire Vehicle registration plate Sky Wheel

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Karmalakas.

I can see by the Toyota logo, that you have the hybrid model, and therefor also the eCVT gearbox.
I would really like to know, how it is to drive the car in snowy and icy roads.
I noticed that I'm using my brakes a lot more, than in my former car with manual gearbox, because of the engine doesn't have the same brake effect.

Regards from another happy C-HR Hybrid owner in Denmark. We haven't had any snow here yet.

Kim

#4 ·
MadOnion said:
I would really like to know, how it is to drive the car in snowy and icy roads.
I noticed that I'm using my brakes a lot more, than in my former car with manual gearbox, because of the engine doesn't have the same brake effect.
IMO tires are the most important thing when driving in ice or snow (even more important than AWD - AWD is useless with bad tires). So it handles pretty good - had really bad side winds during this trip and really deep wheel tracks from other cars. When the snow is deep, it brakes quite a lot just after releasing the accelerator - didn't use brakes much. Although I find my old RWD BMW was handling similar (maybe not as bad) conditions way better with GoodYear's IceGrip Performance tires. It also might be my imagination now, because it was a long time ago I was driving BMW in deep snow :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.