Hello

New to the Toyota C-HR Forums? Introduce yourself here
Swager

Hello

Post by Swager » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:50 pm

Hi Guys ,

Well picked up the CH-R design hybrid last week , the wife loves it and I think it’s a great car as it has great technology and it’s built well . Talk about bad luck as had a screw in the offside rear tyre yesterday and as it’s in the side wall so there is no chance of a repair . Talk about a moon on a stick in trying to get a replacement tyre in the Bristol area this weekend as all the big boys said they would have to order as they had no stock in this size 225/50/18 and can only get tomorrow. Surprised Toyota have chosen such a size that is not available of the shelf , perhaps I need to look at a space saver spare !

Cheers

Swager

Walt

Re: Hello

Post by Walt » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:50 am

I've put space saver I'm. Only prob is it raises your floor by about 6in. You would think it would fit in the recess that is there but nope. You get a piece of polystyrene to fit in the recess then you put saver on top with rest of fitting kit around it. But feel better having space saver than some gunk.
Nebula blue dynamic.
Sports pack.wind deflectors.mudflaps etc.

johnan

Post by johnan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:47 am

My C-HR space saver came with a jack that would not raise the car high enough to get the wheel on in the event of a puncture, luckily I did a dummy run to make sure all was well before having to use it for real!

Fortunately correct C-HR jacks are available from the Toyota ebay official “store”, quite cheaply.

I certainly feel happier having a spare wheel, but I was surprised how heavy it is.
Just a dead weight being carried around takes a toll on efficiency and performance.
C-HR Design,1.2 Turbo, Tokyo Red Pearl. space saver spare, chrome side sills and light rings, protection pack, dash cam, Scangauge2, Cheetah C550 camera alert, arm rest inner tray. Private plate.
Old friend in garage, MG Midget

Swager

Post by Swager » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:21 pm

Hi Guys ,

Agree about the space saver spare as after talking to the tyre fitter who replaced my tyre today he committed on the fact that they can not repair a punctured tyre if it has had sealant in it . Will go back to my local dealer who we purchased the car from for a quote .

Cheers

Swager

smartly

Post by smartly » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:53 am

They can repair them, but are too lazy to wash the sealant out ;)
2018 ( 68 ) Toyota C-HR 1.8 Hybrid in Nebula Blue, Dynamic with Premium Pack

Return to “Introductions”