Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Autumn 2018 map update

34K views 76 replies 21 participants last post by  drabisan 
#1 ·
Just noticed Autumn 2018 map update 6.12.0H is now available in the e-store

#53 ·
Worked fine for me. Downloaded the zip, upacked it ( and it did not create a new directory, just unzipped to the directory I pointed it at) copied the acivation code into the activation code fule (which was there as usual), copied the contents to a usb drive and plugged it into the car. 30 mins later all done. (One detail I discovered is that you can drive the car whilst it updates itself, you dont have to sit and watch it).

#58 ·
Rowwan said:
Looks like I have a different problem. Once I remove the XML file to enter the code manually, I get the error "mount ISO failed" (or something like that). Looks like the copying of the files went wrong.
It might be the removal of the file that is causing that.

#61 ·
Hi All.

I just did the update to mine.
I unzipped the files to a folder, and then copied alll the files to the root drive of the USB pen. The xml file didn't exist in my download, so I created one myself and typed in my activation code. When I connected the USB pen in the car, it took about 1 to 2 minuttes before it was recognized. The update took about 1 hour and 15 minuttes, where you need to have power on the car.

Regards Kim

#62 ·
MadOnion said:
Hi All.

I just did the update to mine.
I unzipped the files to a folder, and then copied alll the files to the root drive of the USB pen. The xml file didn't exist in my download, so I created one myself and typed in my activation code. When I connected the USB pen in the car, it took about 1 to 2 minuttes before it was recognized. The update took about 1 hour and 15 minuttes, where you need to have power on the car.

Regards Kim
Strange - there was definitely an activation code file there when unzipped mine.

#65 ·
OK so I did everything as described above, loaded usb and it started OK. Got to 69% overall and froze :(

Now when i turn car on it says "audio is off" can't get anything to work on multimedia. Is there a hard reset or something?

Been out for a 20 mile run to see if it would pick up and continue the map updates in the background, but no chance.

So all that works on multimedia is reversing camera and the off button :(

#66 ·
Not much help to you, but I seem to remember when I did the update I did think it had frozen at some point may well have been 69% then after an age it continued with the update luckily I was on a long journey so it eventually finished. Like many I find unbelievable that you have the engine running to update.

#69 ·
Screen is frozen on "Audio is off", so can't activate or restart the update. Can't go into settings or anything, no satnav, no audio.

#70 ·
Insert the USB stick and then start the car. If you don't see the update prompt after a while (1-2 minutes) I'm afraid you have to visit your dealer.
It took about 30 seconds for the promt to pop up at last update for me.
Also be sure you have properly unzipped all files from the downloaded zip.
Update process checks at the beginning if all files present.
I cheated once and had another folder in the USB. Update found it and stopped the process with error message explaining it.

Good luck.

#71 ·
USB stick is fine as it started OK, then froze. I've tried usb stick in and start car since and doesn't work :(

#72 ·
Update

Phoned Toyota UK today the technical media centre and they said contact your local dealer. Phoned and then took it local dealer, mega Tech looked at it and couldn't get anything going, he tried two USB sticks but they didn't fix it. I asked him if disconnecting battery might work. Doubt it but I'll try. Came back out, no it's still frozen needs a new head unit. So they ordered one and it was going to be delivered this afternoon. They needed a video of it to satisfy warranty. Came back in .... we are still looking as Radio2 just came on???

Came back out again no it's frozen again. So booked it in for Wednesday when I had an hour to spare.

Driving back home I put mu USB stick in, after about 10 minutes radio came on, tried satnav but it said it wasn't installed. So I took out usb and put back in and after about a minute it started the update process :) Got home and it was still doing it. Locked it away in garage without turning ignition off and key inside car. About 50 minutes later it had completed.

All working again :)

#74 ·
Trying to upload my update and it gets to the point where it says 'radio will reset when complete' then after a minute radio comes back up and is playing the radio, then about a minute later I get ' I'm working on it' then it goes back to asking if I want to update system.
Say yes and goes back round in loop?

Any ideas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.