Toyota C-HR Forum banner

MPG - for those of you who have the Hybrid

215K views 387 replies 126 participants last post by  charliepie 
#1 ·
I'm very interested to hear what MPG you are achieving with your new Hybrid?

I believe its supposed to be very similar to the Prius, which online is showing an average of 59MPG
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/toyota/prius-2016

I need to change my Company car soon, currently have a Nissan Juke 1.5 diesel which gets me anything from 50-63 MPG (I don't like boring looking cars)
I'm also considering a BMW i3 (range extended version), Outlander PHEV and Jeep Renegade (Diesel)

#227 ·
last month returned 39mpg
Mostly short runs with the occasional longish run

#228 ·
I'm in a Hybrid as well; I use an app 'Road trip HD', always feed my litres and miles into it, so should be very accurate. I've done 23,000 miles and average 54.39 mpg. All sorts of driving local, motorways and road tips, 3,000 miles all over France this year. Only one bad tankful, driving from Lyon to Dieppe on the Autoroute mostly over 85 mph into a head wind only averaged 44.46. So overall very pleased, my previous car BMW X3 averaged 44mpg in similar conditions

#229 ·
Just done a 20 mile trip and it returned 68.9 mpg. Only got it friday so just getting used to it.

#230 ·
I also use Road Trip on my iPad and iPhone. After 3,000 miles (including an 800-mile trip to, and in, the northern Lake District (just over 200 motorway miles away)), I am averaging 59.95 mpg (just 1 mpg better than my partner in her 8,000-mile Yaris Hybrid)!

In case anyone is interested, I tried Super Unleaded for the last three tankfuls: and it made absolutely no difference to the 'feel' of the car, nor its economy!

#235 ·
Chris18 said:
October/18 month returned 39.78mpg
November/18 month returned 38.41 mpg
Average to date =39.10

#238 ·
55TDS said:
In the summer months on reasonable journeys I was averaging 65MPG with short burst over 70MPG. with the winter weather and using air conditioning drops down to around 52MPG.
My average was 67mpg over 16k miles, however when it went in for the electrical recall they reset everything, so now can't get it above 52mpg...roll on Spring/Summer when I can improve that :)

#239 ·
Normal traffic about 20-22KM/litre of petrol (E5) . (47-51MPG).

When I step on it I get about 17KM/litre (40MPG).

I came from a small diesel that got a bit better than that, so I am not disppointed.

Note: the top figures are in November/December with heating and AC on.

I have the 18" rim option, so that sort of wreck the milage combined with the shitty last gen Michelin Primacy 3 tyres the car came with.

#243 ·
~7l/100km on a 1200km trip w/ completely full car.
~6,8l/100km going back w/ empty car, but terrible weather - very strong winds, snowing all the time and mostly not cleaned roads.
Each way it took ~14 hours with short stops to eat and fill a tank.

#246 ·
Karmalakas said:
~7l/100km on a 1200km trip w/ completely full car.
~6,8l/100km going back w/ empty car, but terrible weather - very strong winds, snowing all the time and mostly not cleaned roads.
Each way it took ~14 hours with short stops to eat and fill a tank.
I love that you're using l/100km. And I hate world doesn't agree on a single measurement!
I'm not the main driver, my wife is. And she's p..d off that, being cold and having short runs, she gets like 6,5l/100km! Usually we are getting 5'ish. But short runs plus heating...a buster!
But 7? You must be wearing some big shoes! For a sporty ride...I do understand you! Just CHR is not really a sporty car, but a 7 I can fully understand!

#249 ·
Chris18 said:
Chris18 said:
October/18 month returned 39.78mpg
November/18 month returned 38.41 mpg
December/18 month returned 44.34
January/19 month returned 44.30
Average to date =41.70

#250 ·
Hi,

I had a Mitsubishi PHEV for three years before my CHR for the last two weeks. Completely loved the PHEV. Full charge gave me approx 26 EV miles, which as a district nurse was fab for short stop start commuting. Longer motorway high speed journeys worked out quiet expensive petrol wise. Entirely depends what kind of miles you need to do really.

Awesome in 4WD in the snow and ice. Solid as a rock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.