Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Invisible manuals

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Karmalakas 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I'm a new owner since Halloween, I absolutely love it but it sure is packed with plenty of items to learn about but the manuals that came with it are hopeless, they don't seem to bear any relation to the car I've got which is a C-hr 1.8 Hybrid Icon and which has buttons and features that don't appear in any manuals that are supplied with it or any I've been able to find online for instance on the gear shift there is a position marked B quite important you'd think if it's on the gear stick but I can't find any reference to it anywhere, could any kind soul direct me to a link where I could download a suitable manual?. Even for all that though I'm absolutely loving it and keep looking for any excuse to nip out in it, thanks in advance, Gary J Rowlands.

#2 ·
I think B is where you move the gear lever if you want engine braking...but I have a manual box so I am just repeating what I have read elsewhere!

In the "Faults and Technical" section of this forum the first pinned thread gives links to users manuals and installation manuals that may be of use, if you have not tried it before.

They are great cars aren't they? I have a 1.2T manual and it is a joy to drive (apart from reversing in busy car parks! You need eyes everywhere.)

#6 ·
johnan said:
They are great cars aren't they? I have a 1.2T manual and it is a joy to drive (apart from reversing in busy car parks! You need eyes everywhere.)
Cheers Johnan that's very helpful thanks, you're right about having eyes everywhere even with the camera going, it is brilliant though definitely the best car I've ever had.

#7 ·
My manual (dowloaded from 'my Toyota: IM101576E.pdf) seems to give a few mentions of the 'B' Mode for engine braking:-
Section 4-1 Before Driving (When Driving the Vehicle warnings). p232
Section 4-1 Before Driving - Transmission information. p247
Section 4-2 Driving Procedures, 'About Engine Braking'. p262

#9 ·
but the manuals that came with it are hopeless, they don't seem to bear any relation to the car I've got which is a C-hr 1.8 Hybrid Icon and which has buttons and features that don't appear in any manuals that are supplied with it or any I've been able to find online for instance on the gear shift there is a position marked B quite important you'd think if it's on the gear stick but I can't find any reference to it anywhere, could any kind soul direct me to a link where I could download a suitable manual?.
I can't believe you can't find the information about the gear shifts in the manual. If you look at the index under driving, then driving procedures, hybrid transmission, it will take you to page 231 this lists all the gearshift positions and what they do. Then page 233 gives full details of using the 'B' setting.

#10 ·
asinrute said:
I can't believe you can't find the information about the gear shifts in the manual. If you look at the index under driving, then driving procedures, hybrid transmission, it will take you to page 231 this lists all the gearshift positions and what they do. Then page 233 gives full details of using the 'B' setting.
Nothing personal, but lots of people don't bother and just ask question even if the answer is really obvious in a couple of minutes (most of the time even seconds) in reading the manual. Now I see that. Really couldn't believe so many people just ignore manuals :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.