Toyota C-HR Forum banner

MPG for those that have a 1.2T M/CVT

21K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  kidgloves 
#1 ·
As the hybrid has a MPG post thought i would start one for the few that have gone for the 1.2T.

Please when quoting MPG stat wether it's a manual or CVT.

Be interesting to see how it stacks up on average against the hybrid

#6 ·
Chris said:
Mills699 said:
Chris said:
Mine, CVT, started around 7.4/100km but now is 7.1/100km in normal mode, mostly city driving and sometimes highway driving with cruise control on during weekends. ;)
So about 40mpg then for the 1.2T CVT.
Are u sure mate ? My calculations shows 40mpg is 5.8L/100km , and 7.1/100km around 33mpg ! What about manual ?
Well it would be if i was using the US gallon figures but definitely 40mpg using the UK gallon figures!!!!!

UK gallon is 4.54L and US is 3.78L!

#9 ·
Mills699 said:
Chris said:
Mills699 said:
So about 40mpg then for the 1.2T CVT.
Are u sure mate ? My calculations shows 40mpg is 5.8L/100km , and 7.1/100km around 33mpg ! What about manual ?
Well it would be if i was using the US gallon figures but definitely 40mpg using the UK gallon figures!!!!!

UK gallon is 4.54L and US is 3.78L!
Wow, i didnt know that cz im using imperial units, thanks mate ;)

#12 ·
Base on my first test it looks that this engine is very impresive as well with manual transmision, why?
- high torq from low rev.
- no visible turbo lag
- no need speed up to high rev.
- no need acceleration press to start, nice in trafic jam
- external cooling pass for turbo, no need extra care about stop process
- iMT works fine but for advance user is no need
- low rev. give us low petrol consumption
- in case CVT eg. 100km/h has additional lower rev. so more efective cruse

I need more test but average (mix) can meet much below 6.5l/100km
So that buy hybrid has no sens base on ROI.

#15 ·
I used to have around 7L/100km driving mainly in city for 30km per day and on weekends on highway for around 100km so was dropping around 6.8L/100km.
Now i moved more inside the city, daily im driving for only 10km, no weekends on highway, and my total average speed is 25km/h as my dashboard says. My consumpion jumped at 7.9L/100km !!
Why that ? Im driving mostly with eco indicator on. Should i had bought the hybrid ? :roll: i bought the 1.2T because i thought is more fun and more alive and sporty than hybrid (maybe im wrong?).

#16 ·
Chris said:
I used to have around 7L/100km driving mainly in city for 30km per day and on weekends on highway for around 100km so was dropping around 6.8L/100km.
Now i moved more inside the city, daily im driving for only 10km, no weekends on highway, and my total average speed is 25km/h as my dashboard says. My consumpion jumped at 7.9L/100km !!
Why that ? Im driving mostly with eco indicator on. Should i had bought the hybrid ?
Hybrid wouldn't be much better. It's cold outside and even HSD keeps engine running until it reaches some temperature. Consumption went up, because you're driving shorter distances and spend more time in traffic compared to previous rides. And of course:
Chris said:
is more fun and more alive and sporty
How do you expect more sporty be more efficient? :)

#17 ·
Karmalakas said:
Chris said:
Why that ? Im driving mostly with eco indicator on. Should i had bought the hybrid ?
Hybrid wouldn't be much better. It's cold outside and even HSD keeps engine running until it reaches some temperature. Consumption went up, because you're driving shorter distances and spend more time in traffic compared to previous rides. And of course:
Chris said:
is more fun and more alive and sporty
How do you expect more sporty be more efficient? :)
Haha thats right yes, but i never drove the hybrid before to know so i made an assumption, although if there is an actual difference in drive and 1.2T is more sporty i can always sacrifice the drive experience for some fuel consumption :cool:
I was thinking also that is because of shorter distance and lower speed that the consumption seems higher, i just scared if in the end was a bad choice the 1.2T instead of hybrid. :roll:

#18 ·
Chris said:
Why that ? Im driving mostly with eco indicator on. Should i had bought the hybrid ? :roll: i bought the 1.2T because i thought is more fun and more alive and sporty than hybrid (maybe im wrong?).
My 1.2 cvt consumption is around 8.4L/100km. I now mainly do citydriving with almost always short drives .Not so happy with that consumption. I set it to eco mode a few weeks ago but don't notice much difference.

#20 ·
@Flood eco mode does not doing anything to be honest, is more sluggish, only with sport mode u feel difference.

@Karmalakas i agree with you, just didnt expect so high consumption, Toyota says combined 6.3L/100km and urban 7.6L/100km, to go 8.4L/100km like Flood said is high, and is like my previous modified car 1.4tsi 230hp. Anyway no complains :D

G
#21 ·
My C-HR has now done 1350 miles and has returned 38.5 mpg (imperial). Usage is about 70% motorway/dual carriageway and 30% urban. I've not used sport or eco modes yet.

My previous car was an Audi A3 1.4TFSI 140 hp C.O.D., which returned 46.3 mpg despite being much quicker :D

#22 ·
RichardT said:
My previous car was an Audi A3 1.4TFSI 140 hp C.O.D., which returned 46.3 mpg despite being much quicker :D
Seems logical with the C.O.D (Cylinder On Demand system).

#23 ·
I have the 1.2T manual and am averaging 36-38 mpg, but I drive it mostly in 'SPORT' mode and on major roads. My previous car was a Hyundai sports coupe 2.0 (lasted 17 years!) which managed about 34 mpg. I feel as though I buy a lot more petrol with the C-HR, but I think it just has a tiny tank. I could cram £55 petrol into the Hyundai, but only about £35-40 in the C-HR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.