Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Protection plates have arrived

13K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  cookehouse1 
#1 ·
I've just had call from the dealers. Finally the sill protection plates are in. Will be fitted on Monday :D

#2 ·
@Rosie60 mine arrived as well on the 22nd September but not being fitted until my replacement tank is in which is on back order at the moment :(

#4 ·
Hi Ans,
When I went for them to check it out they sent the pictures to Toyota to determine if mine was affected and they got a response saying it was, when I get the call to get the Scuff plates, extra chrome and Fuel Tank fitted I'll ask why mine was requested to be replaced.

PS Ans I presume yours was fine then ?

#5 ·
Toyota_Fan said:
Hi Ans,
When I went for them to check it out they sent the pictures to Toyota to determine if mine was affected and they got a response saying it was, when I get the call to get the Scuff plates, extra chrome and Fuel Tank fitted I'll ask why mine was requested to be replaced.

Yes my one was OK, i just wondered what the fault was

#6 ·
ans said:
Toyota_Fan said:
Hi Ans,

Yes my one was OK, i just wondered what the fault was
Thin walls.

#7 ·
Ans,
Will find out exactly as yours and mine were not built far apart and does seem strange

@insomnia thats the fault with the fuel tanks but wonder why mine was recalled and not Ans

#12 ·
Rosie60 I presume they come as set of 4 then I was lead to beleive they were front only I hope mine are like yours front and rear :)

#16 ·
Hi ScomasiFP200, myself an Rosie from memory got them free with the dealer and they have only just become available since the launch in January

#17 ·
ScomadiFP200 said:
What is the cost of these sill protectors ??

And part number if possible ??
Hi. scomadiFP200, Toyota_Fan is quite correct. I negotiated these as part of the deal. However I have a copy of the invoice that went to Sales.

Aluminium scuff TPW382-10000. £155.72 plus VAT

They charged £52.50 to fit so total cost was £249.86 inc VAT

A very small discount off a new car it seems. Hope that helps.

#23 ·
When I dropped the car off at the dealers I stated make sure the scuff plates are fitted the correct way round :D and they seem to have been done correctly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.