C-HR add on's

The place to discuss everything else..
Dave D

C-HR add on's

Post by Dave D » Thu May 16, 2019 8:46 am

C-HR owners seem to get so excited about all the bits they can buy on the web to stick on their cars, plastic door handle covers, black plastic to stick onto the rear lights, covers for the door catches, plastic coloured panels for the interior trim...WHY?

9639ac24fcf8dda18f587a05d6a58f65.jpg

Hybrid Excel White Pearl....with no stick on plastic bits running on supermarket fuel...

Jimbo

Re: C-HR add on's

Post by Jimbo » Thu May 16, 2019 9:01 am

Agreed my chr doesn’t have any piercings or tattoos :D

Anixie

Post by Anixie » Thu May 16, 2019 11:14 am

Well, I did order some simple interior trim upgrades, just cause hey they cost a penny and I like how they look. Carry-over from my GT which was quite heavily modified on the mechanical side. I just want to make it my car, and thats probably the case for quite some people who ïnvest"in those parts. Agreed though that quite a bit of em are really tacky indeed...

Karmalakas

Post by Karmalakas » Thu May 16, 2019 4:41 pm

Completely useless topic. What do you mean by "Why?" It's a matter of taste and some like it, some don't. Or are you looking for answers like "Because it's plastic" and similar?
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)

Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:09 pm

I'm sure there is a psychology about the need for customization... as that is what it is. The need to be "unique" !! We've all done it at some time or other in our lives ... go-faster stripes, loud exhaust, even louder radio, or even plastic bits. It's a good question from the OP. The CHR is a very brave design in itself, stands out even without customization, but some need to add that little bit more. Sometimes it works and looks good, other times not so....but beauty is in the eye of the beholder eh?
Last edited by Tommo56 on Thu May 16, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2017 C-HR Dynamic Hybrid. Decuma Grey

Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Karmalakas wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:41 pm
Completely useless topic. What do you mean by "Why?" It's a matter of taste and some like it, some don't. Or are you looking for answers like "Because it's plastic" and similar?
I think you are being VERY unfair saying its "completely useless topic". Stop being so draconian, if you feel like that you might as well delete a lot of the topics in this forum. People should be free to ask a question or air an opinion without being shot down in flames. I've noticed this before with some of your replies to people, they have seemed very demeaning. A forum should be open and hopefully informative and even educational.
2017 C-HR Dynamic Hybrid. Decuma Grey

DutCHR

Post by DutCHR » Thu May 16, 2019 6:43 pm

Does take off badges also counts? If so.. why? :lol:
C-HR Hybrid Metalstream Grey --- JDM Style

Karmalakas

Post by Karmalakas » Thu May 16, 2019 6:45 pm

Tommo56 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:19 pm
Stop being so draconian, if you feel like that you might as well delete a lot of the topics in this forum.
Never deleted a topic that wasn't a spam or a flood

Tommo56 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:19 pm
People should be free to ask a question or air an opinion without being shot down in flames.
Exactly ;) And in my opinion it's useless and I explained why. I see only one answer to the question and it's because someone likes to add these addons to their cars. It gives only better or worse looks - completely a matter of taste.
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)

ans

Post by ans » Thu May 16, 2019 7:11 pm

people get fed up hearing what they have done to there car is tat, (from previous posts from op) its very immature and insulting to a lot of people ,if you dont like what other people have done DONT comment i dont go round telling people the colour they have chosen is terrible just because i can .i dont think its fair to have a pop at the mods for saying its a useless topic because it is and i have already said insulting to some. we all have to get on here and if some dont want to they are welcome to leave.
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black roof.
Mudflaps,LED interior lights
with Chrome extras.
Wind deflectors,Running boards
Incar Wifi
Ordered SEPT 2016 arrived Jan 2017
https://www.chrforums.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=965
Mercedes slk 350

IceColdCrash

Post by IceColdCrash » Thu May 16, 2019 11:36 pm

That depends,
What if someone posts a picture and asks "what do you think?"
From my point of view if I did that and a considerable nr of people said it looked ugly, I would probably think twice, of course this is very subject, depending of age, gender, country, etc,
A guy in China surely has a different taste than me being an European,
We actually have a saying here "tastes are not to be discussed".
But, if you post a picture of course you are going to get good and bad comments,
You can't just accept the good ones.
One thing I wouldn't accept is going on the street and someone I don't know, never heard or talked to, just out of nowhere comes to me and says "this or that in your car is ugly",
But if I post it, well, I would be ready that it's not for everyone's taste, it would piss me off maybe a bit but I would accept it.
1.8 Hybrid Exclusive + Pack Luxury
Since 15/03/2019
:D

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”