Brake Hold, iMT and Sport Mode - fed up with having to turn on at start up.

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Papigo
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:21 am
Location: Johnstone

Re: Brake Hold, iMT and Sport Mode - fed up with having to turn on at start up.

Post by Papigo » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:03 pm

When you need sport mode, like coming from a slip road onto a motorway or coming off motorway back into ev mode you have to make about 3 or 4 movements on the info window to find sport mode. You can't do it without taking your eyes off the road so it's really dangerous and I don't do it. My Prius had a one touch button for eco or power mode. So much easier and safer 😕


holyhead
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:05 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Brake Hold, iMT and Sport Mode - fed up with having to turn on at start up.

Post by holyhead » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:43 am

Papigo wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:03 pm
When you need sport mode, like coming from a slip road onto a motorway or coming off motorway back into ev mode you have to make about 3 or 4 movements on the info window to find sport mode. You can't do it without taking your eyes off the road so it's really dangerous and I don't do it. My Prius had a one touch button for eco or power mode. So much easier and safer 😕
Back to the Prius then. :D
Toyota C-HR Hybrid Premium
Color: Metalstream Grey metallic
Touch & Go2 Plus Nav System
Ordered Dec. 2016 arrived Jan. 2017
Collected 19 januari 2017


Leggera
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:19 pm
Location: kent uk

Re: Brake Hold, iMT and Sport Mode - fed up with having to turn on at start up.

Post by Leggera » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:42 pm

Sorry to disappoint anyone but you realise the brake lights are on the whole time you are using brake hold. Another gadget I wanted to use but now cant. Mine are at least unless its region specific.


holyhead
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:05 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Brake Hold, iMT and Sport Mode - fed up with having to turn on at start up.

Post by holyhead » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:58 pm

Leggera wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:42 pm
Sorry to disappoint anyone but you realise the brake lights are on the whole time you are using brake hold. Another gadget I wanted to use but now cant. Mine are at least unless its region specific.
And why you can,t use it ?
Toyota C-HR Hybrid Premium
Color: Metalstream Grey metallic
Touch & Go2 Plus Nav System
Ordered Dec. 2016 arrived Jan. 2017
Collected 19 januari 2017


mjvdzwet
Posts: 351
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:23 pm
Location: Maassluis, The Netherlands

Re: Brake Hold, iMT and Sport Mode - fed up with having to turn on at start up.

Post by mjvdzwet » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:24 pm

The brake lights are indeed on. Dutch version.
But what kind of legal problem would that cause?
Happy and fun driving... is driving a Toyota C-HR Hybrid Premium Metalstream Grey


Leggera
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:19 pm
Location: kent uk

Re: Brake Hold, iMT and Sport Mode - fed up with having to turn on at start up.

Post by Leggera » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:24 am

holyhead wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:58 pm
Leggera wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:42 pm
Sorry to disappoint anyone but you realise the brake lights are on the whole time you are using brake hold. Another gadget I wanted to use but now cant. Mine are at least unless its region specific.
And why you can,t use it ?
Ive never had an auto before and one of my gripes with them is sitting in traffic behind them staring at brake lights and filling my pants every time I see reverse come on if they had opted to park it. I drive mostly at night btw.

On my test drive it was daylight and had assumed the hold function was like a temporary handbrake, not just to emulate someone holding the foot brake. Im stopped already why are brake lights needed? Seems illogical and I can see people behind me getting blinded plus the signs about half a mile down the road lighting up lol
Last edited by Leggera on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.


Leggera
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:19 pm
Location: kent uk

Re: Brake Hold, iMT and Sport Mode - fed up with having to turn on at start up.

Post by Leggera » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:32 am

Papigo wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:03 pm
When you need sport mode, like coming from a slip road onto a motorway or coming off motorway back into ev mode you have to make about 3 or 4 movements on the info window to find sport mode. You can't do it without taking your eyes off the road so it's really dangerous and I don't do it. My Prius had a one touch button for eco or power mode. So much easier and safer 😕
If I know im in the mood for overtaking I set my display ready to select sport mode but dont activate it. Then its one button. Honestly though ive timed it and cant seem to notice any difference between sport and normal power once you have mashed the pedal. I havnt tried eco.

I have also memorised the button press sequence to get me to drive menu from the mpg screen and its only a couple of clicks for me if you go left to make it loop.

Its a shame we dont have buttons though I agree. Maybe some programmable multifunction ones. Il keep dreaming.


holyhead
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:05 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Brake Hold, iMT and Sport Mode - fed up with having to turn on at start up.

Post by holyhead » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:38 pm

Leggera wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:24 am
holyhead wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:58 pm
Leggera wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:42 pm
Sorry to disappoint anyone but you realise the brake lights are on the whole time you are using brake hold. Another gadget I wanted to use but now cant. Mine are at least unless its region specific.
And why you can,t use it ?
Ive never had an auto before and one of my gripes with them is sitting in traffic behind them staring at brake lights and filling my pants every time I see reverse come on if they had opted to park it. I drive mostly at night btw.

On my test drive it was daylight and had assumed the hold function was like a temporary handbrake, not just to emulate someone holding the foot brake. Im stopped already why are brake lights needed? Seems illogical and I can see people behind me getting blinded plus the signs about half a mile down the road lighting up lol
Ok, I understand you don,t like but you can use it if you want it. I drive automatics for the last 15 years. There are lots and lots of people who drive an automatic and use their brake because otherwise, the Car creeps foreword.
I am more concern about the rear foglight people use when it is not necessaire).
Toyota C-HR Hybrid Premium
Color: Metalstream Grey metallic
Touch & Go2 Plus Nav System
Ordered Dec. 2016 arrived Jan. 2017
Collected 19 januari 2017


User avatar
southpatt
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:10 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia

Re: Brake Hold, iMT and Sport Mode - fed up with having to turn on at start up.

Post by southpatt » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:54 am

Nope. Had a thought. Checked it. Did not work. Deleted post.
C-HR Koba - Tidal Blue - Its Here!! :D


User avatar
Overexposed
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:03 am
Location: Greece

Re: Brake Hold, iMT and Sport Mode - fed up with having to turn on at start up.

Post by Overexposed » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:04 pm

Does anyone has an idea if the hold brake button or the IMT button affects the fuel consumption? A friend of mine who has the same hold button on a Nissan Qashqai told me so, but I can’t see why... I rarely use the hold button (only once so far in a big traffic jam) but I like the IMT change of gears... I also use sport mode for fun and it is really fun! :D I have 1.2 turbo manual...

I think Toyota not wanting the sport mode always on (unlike normal or eco) did that on purpose and I am guessing it has to do with the engine lifetime... I dont believe we should do things the manufacturer didnt want to include for a reason.
1.2 Turbo Manual - C-ENTER - Metal Stream


Post Reply

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”