Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Deadlocks ?

15K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  DutCHR 
#1 ·
Strange but there don't seem to be deadlocks on the doors ? Previously on other cars I have owned recently you press the keyfob twice to deadlock. This prevents some one simply smashing the glass and gaining entry by pulling the door release from inside. Either that or the CHR deadlocks all the time which is OK but in some cases not good as in an emergency you are trapped !

#4 ·
Karmalakas said:
There's some setting about the doorlock and keyfob doubleclick in infotainment system's vehicle settings. I don't know what it does :)
One click only Driver door open dubbelklick all doors open.

#6 ·
You can set up the 'key' to either open all doors or one click for drivers door and two clicks for all doors, (I spotted it somewhere in the manual). Also you can internally lock all the doors and although you can open the front doors from inside if you only open the drivers door all the rest remain locked, including the boot. This I discovered when I leapt out the car and couldn't open the boot!

#7 ·
Rosie60 said:
Also you can internally lock all the doors and although you can open the front doors from inside if you only open the drivers door all the rest remain locked, including the boot. This I discovered when I leapt out the car and couldn't open the boot!
I noticed this too.... is it changeble in the settings?

#8 ·
Page 95 of the manual stats "double locking system". I'm guessing this is dead locks.
If I touch my handle twice then there is definitely a 2nd clunk after all the doors lock, which I would say is dead locks.
Does also say "if fitted".
Maybe depends on which level trim.

#9 ·
The manual says something about there being signs on the windows if the deadlock is fitted

#10 ·
You can test it. Simply sit in the car and lock the doors with the key fob. If you can open the doors from the inside there is no deadlock, if you can't there is.

Just tested it. The Dutch Premium version doesn't have deadlocks.

#11 ·
C-HR equipped with double lock system have labels on driver and passenger windows. Sitting inside with keyfob or pressing the lock button will not activate double lock.
To activate it you should touch the lock sensor on door handle twice within 5 seconds (keyless entry) or press lock button on remote twice within 5 seconds.

#12 ·
Today I checked my car and there are no labels on windows, but, when I press keyfob twice or touch sensor twice, the lock also clicks inside doors twice. Tried clicking and touching more, but still it clicks only twice. Does that mean there's this deadlock even with no labels on windows? And what's the point of it? Just so noone could get out if left inside?

#17 ·
The point is not to prevent people stealing things but to prevent easy entry and exit from the Vehicle following a broken window.
Those time can mean the difference between getting caught and getting away.

#20 ·
Damn they stole the HV battery.. :twisted:
Note these things costs about 1500 euro new.. half that price for used/refurbished.
Be lucky they dont take the whole car...

Dead lock.. this feature is only on UK models! Other EU models dont have that. :roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.