Parking assist continuous beeping

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Lindy75

Parking assist continuous beeping

Post by Lindy75 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:22 pm

I got my 2018 Dynamic last week and I love it. However when the parking assist is on, the beeping is almost continual including in a line of slow moving traffic, at a T junction and waiting to join a roundabout.
Is this normal ? Do I only turn it on when I need it ? Or is this a fault....? I have resorted to having it turned off all the time.
This is not the IPA I am talking about just the normal parking assist.
It does seem to be more frantic In the mornings for some reason 🤔
No manual came with the car so I can't refer to it ....

Alexr

Re: Parking assist continuous beeping

Post by Alexr » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:36 pm

Lindy75 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:22 pm
I got my 2018 Dynamic last week and I love it. However when the parking assist is on, the beeping is almost continual including in a line of slow moving traffic, at a T junction and waiting to join a roundabout.
Is this normal ? Do I only turn it on when I need it ? Or is this a fault....? I have resorted to having it turned off all the time.
Does the display between the dials not indicate what part of the car is causing the assist to beep? Might you have the issue with the reg plate being too low at the front?
You say it is almost continual yet you quote times when it might be expected to beep, eg when close to car in front in a queue, or waiting near a bollard etc
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loved driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream for 4 yrs
Now loving my C-HR 2.0 Dynamic in Pearl White and black. :P

flyboy3

Re: Parking assist continuous beeping

Post by flyboy3 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:09 pm

Lindy75 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:22 pm
Can you go here : https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual and enter your details to see if you can get an e-manual?
MY21 1.8 Metal Stream Excel JBL with Chrome Protection