Toyota C-HR Forum banner

PCS warning light

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  drabisan 
#1 ·
Hi Guys & Gals

In Australia, 2020 C-HR Hybrid. Love the car apart from small niggling issues LOL Never satisfied.

Any reports of issues with the PCS warning light?

Scenario - mine comes on in rainy weather when driving after hitting a bump, and doesn't go off (still driving) for about 30 minutes. Happened 3 times now, earlier times light went off after about 10 minutes.

Car booked in for first annual service, and I have reported this, but need to be alert to the dealer making up a shonky story & giving me the brush off.

Any advice greatly appreciated here.

Thanks in advance, and take care!

#2 ·
That has happened to me a couple of times in heavy rain. I put it down to dirty water or a leaf on the sensor. Once I stopped to check, but found no leaf. Wiped it over with my hand and all was well when I restarted. It happened so seldom that I never reported it to the dealer, so not much help to you, sorry.

#3 ·
Got that message several times In heavy rain or with snow.. also with message ´clean radar sensor´. Sometimes its away few minutes later, sometimes not.
PCS and ACC dont work anymore but if you want Cruise Control, just press and hold the Cruise button for few seconds. Normal CC will come up.

To solve it, just wipe the front emblem, restart the car and it is ok.

As PCS-off is a orange warning light, it will not store a fault.
Your dealer will not find a fault, unless there is also a red triangle light at same time. Or a message that say ´contact your dealer´.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.