Starting and switching engine off ?

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Countryside

Starting and switching engine off ?

Post by Countryside » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:08 pm

Picking up my new Hybrid design 1.8 Tuesday morning do I start it with gear-lever in park foot on brake and press start button then display comes on ? Do I switch off by gear-lever in park foot on brake and power button press and wait for display to go off-???

Alexr

Re: Starting and switching engine off ?

Post by Alexr » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:54 pm

Yes that’s about right except that having just pulled up your foot will be on the brake anyway ( or the car will creep forward).
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loved driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream for 4 yrs
Now loving my C-HR 2.0 Dynamic in Pearl White and black. :P

Countryside

Post by Countryside » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:30 am

Thankyou Alex the reason I ask is because when I went for a 2 hour test drive before Christmas when I pressed power button button to turn off the display didn’t go off does it keep on for a few seconds ? I just got out and locked the car keyless and walked to the showroom ! It’s click and collect tomorrow morning so reading the controls from the manual online can I do the my Toyota app on my iPhone without the salesman ? I’m told it monitors your journeys mpg etc ?

Dommer

Post by Dommer » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:49 am

Countryside wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:30 am
Thankyou Alex the reason I ask is because when I went for a 2 hour test drive before Christmas when I pressed power button button to turn off the display didn’t go off does it keep on for a few seconds ? I just got out and locked the car keyless and walked to the showroom ! It’s click and collect tomorrow morning so reading the controls from the manual online can I do the my Toyota app on my iPhone without the salesman ? I’m told it monitors your journeys mpg etc ?
The App doesn’t do that. It has your service history and you can book a service with it. That’s about that. If you press the hold button after you have started it, you don’t need to hold your foot on the brake every time you stop.

flyboy3

Post by flyboy3 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:22 pm

Screenshot_20210316-140758_MyT.jpg

So this is what I get when I connected today for the first time. Find my Car, Send to Car and Hybrid Coaching. The coaching gives you details about your driving performance. Find my Car gives you snazzy map to your car and Send to Car lets you add your destination on your phone before you get to your car and send it ahead.

Countryside

Post by Countryside » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:32 am

Love my new CHR so quiet and ride superb is it best to keep in normal drive mode or do I get more mpg in eco mode ?

Alexr

Post by Alexr » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:17 am

Countryside wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:32 am
Love my new CHR so quiet and ride superb is it best to keep in normal drive mode or do I get more mpg in eco mode ?
I think the difference is marginal, but personally I prefer eco as it seems smoother and quieter (and I am not a boy-racer!)
All the best
Alex
------------------------

Countryside

Post by Countryside » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:54 pm

How do I change the drive mode ? I presume it’s in normal mode ? Done 60 miles showing 65.9 mpg well pleased by the way the traffic signs come on dashboard display but not on big sat nav screen but the traffic camera sign does ?

Alexr

Post by Alexr » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:58 pm

Countryside wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:54 pm
How do I change the drive mode ? I presume it’s in normal mode ? Done 60 miles showing 65.9 mpg well pleased by the way the traffic signs come on dashboard display but not on big sat nav screen but the traffic camera sign does ?
Drive mode on the settings screen between the dials. ( and if you set it to eco or normal it will stay in that mode until you change it, but if you set to sport it will revert to normal next time you switch off.)
All the best
Alex
------------------------

Countryside

Post by Countryside » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:40 pm

I tried eco mode today I thought it was too sluggish so went back to normal mode set iPhone up on Bluetooth took 10 mins