Moving to Lexus UX ( 🤞)

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
adn1962

Moving to Lexus UX ( 🤞)

Post by adn1962 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:41 pm

So, following some others who have moved to Lexus, looks like I’ll be doing the same.

Plan was always to move back to Lexus after having my CT 9 years. UX was not quite in my price range when I bought my C-HR. Now I’ve been offered a good deal on a UX - which is too good to turn down.

Therefore, it looks like I’ll be leaving this forum within the month. I’m still to sign any finance agreement and much is dependant on a 8 hour test drive on Tuesday. However, barring any major glitches, I’ll have a new UX by end of this month.

I’ll add to this post if all goes through and say my farewell. 👍
Metalstream Excel 2018. Mud flaps, dash cam, Bumper corner protection, chrome boot and sill protectors, door handle protection film, Smoked Toyota wind deflectors, Spare wheel kit.
Bike - 2018 Honda Forza 300, touring screen, top box and Puig handguards.

asinrute

Re: Moving to Lexus UX ( 🤞)

Post by asinrute » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:01 am

Been considering the same move, I will be interested to know how you get on with your test drive in the UX
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

adn1962

Post by adn1962 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:21 am

asinrute wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:01 am
Been considering the same move, I will be interested to know how you get on with your test drive in the UX
Will post some thoughts after Tuesday.....
Metalstream Excel 2018. Mud flaps, dash cam, Bumper corner protection, chrome boot and sill protectors, door handle protection film, Smoked Toyota wind deflectors, Spare wheel kit.

adn1962

Post by adn1962 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:18 pm

Update - I’ve had the car since 10am this morning and just popped back home for a break.

Bridgestone Tyre noise is awful! Hear and feel every rumble through the steering wheel and brake pedal. Not good.

Car I have is with Premium pack plus. Mark Levinson sound system, HUD ( which is very good ), electric seats and column and Sunroof. I know the Premium sport doesn’t have these options fitted, so a bit unfair of them to give me a car with these option. Probably a ploy to get me into a higher spec car. 🙄

So, is the car better than my C-HR? Definitely. The engine is smooth and powerful, plus I was getting 57mpg! Seats are better, but may need to fiddle around to obtain best position ( as every car I’ve owned ).
Cabin quality feels solid, but a bit more compact than the C-HR.

Now the entertainment system........what a faff! It will take a bit of getting used to, but it’s not impossible. Find Nav screen a bit too small also, but not too bothered when you have apple play and voice instructions. Weirdly, this car doesn’t have BSM or RCTA......which I’d miss if I never had it.

In summary - think I have a few discussions to be had with dealer on specs and especially tyres. He has informed me he will have a Premium Sport spec in by next week for me to have a look at.
************************************************************************************
Had a chat with dealer on taking the car back. They offered to change tyres to Dunlop’s foc.
They also had a newly arrived Premium Sport spec. Interior is dark with charcoal leather and no sunroof. The aesthetic changes to add black accents to roof rails, door mirror caps and headlamps - looks OK tbh. Car also has BSM and RCTA.

So, am I going to buy one?? I don’t think there’s enough car for me to part with my C-HR plus £14k. The 2L engine is fantastic; along with ride and handling........but, I just don’t feel excited enough about owning one. Too many doubts about specs and if I’ll ever get used to that ICE system!

I got back into my CHR and it seemed so easy to drive, select music, Nav etc......and feel comfortable.

I’m going to have a good think over the next few days, but the wife.......she wants to keep the CHR! We will see. 🥴

flyboy3

Post by flyboy3 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:55 pm

Wow adn1962, that's a detailed review and interesting to see your comparison has left you undecided.

Good luck making a choice!

adn1962

Post by adn1962 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:07 pm

flyboy3 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:55 pm
Wow adn1962, that's a detailed review and interesting to see your comparison has left you undecided.

Good luck making a choice!
I hope my thoughts/comments will help anyone else who is thinking of the move to an UX. I like to read detailed real-time feedback, so would be hypocritical of me if didn’t do the same. 👍

mdwood45

Post by mdwood45 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:39 pm

There will be Honda HRV coming as hybrid competition soon

adn1962

Post by adn1962 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:08 pm

mdwood45 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:39 pm
There will be Honda HRV coming as hybrid competition soon
Yeah, plus Yaris Cross. Best things come to those who wait - as they say. 👍😬

Karmalakas

Post by Karmalakas » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:57 pm

adn1962 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:08 pm
Best things come to those who wait - as they say. 👍😬
You'd wait forever then, because there's always something better coming :D
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)

adn1962

Post by adn1962 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:20 pm

Karmalakas wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:57 pm
adn1962 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:08 pm
Best things come to those who wait - as they say. 👍😬
You'd wait forever then, because there's always something better coming :D
Contradicted yourself there! 😉