MyT App - 2 drivers sharing

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
flyboy3

MyT App - 2 drivers sharing

Post by flyboy3 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:35 pm

So dealer calls today to say car has arrived earlier than the delayed date I was given. Yay. She gave me the reg details and told to download the MyT app.

Looking at some of the features - like send to car, find car etc, have I read right here https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/servici ... s-myt-work that only the 1 phone can have these features? My and the other half will use the car 50/50 so both want to benefit from these features for when we're not out driving together (which for our sanity, is reasonably often!! :) )

Has anyone got a work around? Apart from divorce or get another car? :lol:

Alexr

Re: MyT App - 2 drivers sharing

Post by Alexr » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:09 am

The page you reference says:
“ The use of MyT App Connected Services is limited to the owner of a car, but the vehicle identification number (VIN) can be added to multiple accounts. “.
So I guess that means you can set up two accounts and link them both to your car.
A marriage saved?!
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loved driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream for 4 yrs
Now loving my C-HR 2.0 Dynamic in Pearl White and black. :P

Dommer

Post by Dommer » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:41 pm

flyboy3 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:35 pm
So dealer calls today to say car has arrived earlier than the delayed date I was given. Yay. She gave me the reg details and told to download the MyT app.

Looking at some of the features - like send to car, find car etc, have I read right here https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/servici ... s-myt-work that only the 1 phone can have these features? My and the other half will use the car 50/50 so both want to benefit from these features for when we're not out driving together (which for our sanity, is reasonably often!! :) )

Has anyone got a work around? Apart from divorce or get another car? :lol:
The App is useless. You can book services and check service history and that’s about that.

flyboy3

Post by flyboy3 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:25 pm

Ok so now the app is saying it wants me to prove I'm the owner by confirming the mileage (0 hopefully!). Won't know until I pick the car up Saturday morning! But further makes me think that it will limit options for a second phone.

Dommer, I have Sent to Car, Find my Car and Warning lights as options on my app. Do you need to update your app or is this something only available on later models?

devonaygo

Post by devonaygo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:20 pm

You can use the App with one account on multiple devices, you can't share the car between two different accounts