What do you do when you can't find a decent phone mount? Put one together yourself...

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Karmalakas

Re: What do you do when you can't find a decent phone mount? Put one together yourself...

Post by Karmalakas » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:40 am

Try pronouncing any non English address so that this crappy system would understand ;) And even some streets are pronounced almost exactly the same, but spelled differently and it fails miserably
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)

Dave D

Re: What do you do when you can't find a decent phone mount? Put one together yourself...

Post by Dave D » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:24 am

Karmalakas wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:40 am
Try pronouncing any non English address so that this crappy system would understand ;) And even some streets are pronounced almost exactly the same, but spelled differently and it fails miserably
Karmalakas do have to to speak english to it? I thought if the car was sold in a non english speaking country then the lauguage it would need would be the lauguage of the country. Does the display text come up in english?..
Hybrid Excel White Pearl....With no stick on plastic tat from China... Running on supermarket fuel...

Karmalakas

Post by Karmalakas » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:29 pm

Dave D wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:24 am
Karmalakas do have to to speak english to it? I thought if the car was sold in a non english speaking country then the lauguage it would need would be the lauguage of the country. Does the display text come up in english?..
Just checked the manuals and it says you can choose both menus and voice recognition in 20 languages, but Lithuanian isn't one of them :) Why would it be? Google doesn't even have Lithuanian voice recognition :) Even in English it understands maybe 1 of 5 times what I try to say with an accent and I wouldn't say my accent is so terrible

Maxis

Post by Maxis » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:07 pm

Didn't you hear about Apple car play or Android auto? :shock:

(Seems that stupidity is endless....)
2017 C-hr C-HIC Pearl White w/Black Roof 18" alloys

Karmalakas

Post by Karmalakas » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:14 pm

Maxis wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:07 pm
Didn't you hear about Apple car play or Android auto? :shock:

(Seems that stupidity is endless....)
Didn't you hear it's available only since 2020 models?

Nat60

Post by Nat60 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:43 pm

I need to go on the same scaffolding course you went on ... :lol: