Your opinions do matter, please chip in

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Berniej1309

Your opinions do matter, please chip in

Post by Berniej1309 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:47 am

Hello all,

I want to ask for your honest opinions because I'm not sure it's just me being picky or do I have a right to moan.

We have ordered the Scorched Orange Edition as I previously posted and Steven Eagell Toyata in Solihull have been contacting me over the past few days to say the vehicle was due into them this week.

I have looked at the tracker on the Toyata UK website and from conception through to final finish at the plant in Turkey.

Last Wednesday the tracker was showing the vehicle still loaded onto a transporter and had reached the Bristol area which is where it was still showing until yesterday.

Sales staff from the dealership contacted me today to inform me that the vehicle was actually in Colchester 166 miles away from Solihull and that they were going to send a driver to drive it back to Solihull.

To be honest, I'm as mad as hell. Am I being unreasonable to expect the car to arrive with very little mileage rather than near 200 on the clock and it's brand new?

Your thought's and opinion matters, Thank you

ans

Re: Your opinions do matter, please chip in

Post by ans » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:33 am

tell them thats not acceptable, you want it put on a transporter
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black roof.
Mudflaps,LED interior lights
with Chrome extras.
Wind deflectors,Running boards
Incar Wifi

https://www.chrforums.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=965
Mercedes 2020 CLA 250 premium plus

IceColdCrash

Post by IceColdCrash » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:40 am

Not acceptable, that's why we buy a NEW car, so that we take care from the first few KM/MILES, if they have to go and get it, they should load it on a truck,
Mine cane with 7km which is acceptable, in my opinion more than 25km or miles it's definitely not acceptable.
15/03/2019 - 1.8 Hybrid

smartly

Post by smartly » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:51 pm

My dealer told me 30 miles is their limit, car was delivered to me but due to some paint defects it went straight back without me signing anything. When it was delivered back the next day it was on a trailer as the miles would have gone over 30.
2020 (20 ) Toyota C-HR 2.0 Hybrid Orange Edition

2018 ( 68 ) Toyota C-HR 1.8 Hybrid in Nebula Blue, Dynamic with Premium Pack

drabisan

Post by drabisan » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:31 pm

ans wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:33 am
tell them thats not acceptable, you want it put on a transporter
Or to drive you there so you can enjoy it for that distance.
No, what they are doing is crazy! I hope it's just a miscommunication.

Walt

Post by Walt » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:55 pm

Wouldn't trust anyone driving my new car that distance. You don't know how they have treated it. I heard about people fetching new cars up from Bristol and racing each other bk. Not good. Say not acceptable. Rather picked up on trailer or if your willing like already said. Take you personally down to fetch it. But I thought it has to have safety checks etc before being handed over.
Nebula blue dynamic.
Sports pack.wind deflectors.mudflaps etc.
With interior blue leds. Running on shell V-Power.
Other toy. SUZUKI GSXR 1100

Rosie60

Post by Rosie60 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:36 pm

One of the bonuses of having a new car is only having a few miles on the clock. I picked mine up with 11 and then you. Can see it go to 20 30 etc. Tell them no
Upgraded to 2020 Orange edition with protection pack, supaguard, and dashcam.
Previously owned a 2017 Excel in Tyrol Silver with protection pack, Supaguard treatment, protection pack and boot liner.

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:55 am

Last Wednesday the tracker was showing the vehicle still loaded onto a transporter and had reached the Bristol area which is where it was still showing until yesterday.
As a matter of interest Portbury Dock, just outside Bristol, is the main import facility used by Toyota. They have a section that also does a lot of PDI's before they leave. There is a constant stream of car transporters leaving the dock. I cycled past the storage compound last week and there are 100s of CHRs parked up there waiting delivery.
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

Jools74

Post by Jools74 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:21 am

I wouldn't be happy with that. I collected my car from a dealer about 10 miles way. The car had 2 miles on the clock. As the list price includes £700 delivery charge, I would want that rather than a delivery driver.

Anixie

Post by Anixie » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:20 am

I usually use my cars for at least 120.000 miles, so I really don't give a rats ass about 200 extra.... In the grand scheme its less than nothing. Now if it were a collectible Ferrari, or other exotic I would be mad as hell, but with a consumer car, couldn't care less
Ruby-Flare C-HR C-Lub Hybrid version, black roof, JBL sound system