Request for assistance

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Central 1254

Request for assistance

Post by Central 1254 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:53 pm

Just ordered a new CHR Orange edition,
Can anybody help with the following
1 Salesman stated the car would be built in Japan, is that correct?
2. He stated that the CHR is not susceptible to theft because of the keyless entry system? He said it’s not but it appears on a list of cars that are.
3. I also asked about CAT Convertor theft, he again said that they are not?

Thank you

Dave D

Re: Request for assistance

Post by Dave D » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:42 pm

The CHR for the European market are built in Turkey..Most cars with keyless entry are at risk but the CHR key fob can be turned off so as not to emit any signal...The Cat is more difficult to remove on the CHR than the Prius..Hope thet helps..
Hybrid Excel White Pearl....With no stick on plastic tat from China... Running on supermarket fuel...

Alexr

Post by Alexr » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:44 pm

Central 1254 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:53 pm
Just ordered a new CHR Orange edition,
Can anybody help with the following
1 Salesman stated the car would be built in Japan, is that correct?
2. He stated that the CHR is not susceptible to theft because of the keyless entry system? He said it’s not but it appears on a list of cars that are.
3. I also asked about CAT Convertor theft, he again said that they are not?

Thank you
Salesmen will tell you anything to get you to spend your money. I think he is wrong on all 3 counts. 1Turkey. 2. It is but is not targeted to my knowledge. 3. Ditto.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loved driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream for 4 yrs
Now loving my C-HR 2.0 Dynamic in Pearl White and black. :P

smartly

Post by smartly » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:53 pm

I wouldn't trust that salesman at all :( As Alexr says he is wrong on all three.

I have just bought an Orange Edition and was under the impression that they were launch only and you can't order one to built. When is it due for delivery?
2020 (20 ) Toyota C-HR 2.0 Hybrid Orange Edition

2018 ( 68 ) Toyota C-HR 1.8 Hybrid in Nebula Blue, Dynamic with Premium Pack

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:28 am

Salesmen will tell you anything to get you to spend your money. I think he is wrong on all 3 counts. 1Turkey. 2. It is but is not targeted to my knowledge. 3. Ditto.
yes, but number 2, you can very easily turn off the signal from the key fob, so that negates the chance of theft that way. Just get into the habit of doing it every time you leave the car. Best of both worlds then
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

jacquiandles

Post by jacquiandles » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:55 pm

Certainly wrong concerning the keyless entry system.

Unless the key, when not in use, is in a screened (Faraday) pouch it is constantly searching for the car in which case the signal can be read by a third party with the right equipment and thus gain entry.

The pouches are increasingly easy to obtain (eBay, etc) now so that should not necessarily be a concern for you.

Anixie

Post by Anixie » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:41 pm

for the keys, I am using a steel key cabinet, right next to the door for all house keys, including the car keys. Asked a "pro" to scan for my keys, couldn't find/see em from outside the house.
Ruby-Flare C-HR C-Lub Hybrid version, black roof, JBL sound system

Karmalakas

Post by Karmalakas » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:05 pm

jacquiandles wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:55 pm
Unless the key, when not in use, is in a screened (Faraday) pouch it is constantly searching for the car
Not really true.
First - it's not the only solution. Another one was mentioned above - turn off the signal of the key (read the manual) and no pouch is needed
Second - technically it's not the key, that searches for the car, it's the opposite. Key only transmits the signal and car listens to it. That's why you can change the time range of how many days car keeps listening for key until it's found or listening is turned off to preserve battery life.
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:06 am

Certainly wrong concerning the keyless entry system.

Unless the key, when not in use, is in a screened (Faraday) pouch it is constantly searching for the car in which case the signal can be read by a third party with the right equipment and thus gain entry.
Not true and misleading, you can turn the signal off being sent out by the key. If you don't believe this turn your key off away from the car, then go to the car and try to enter wirelessly. Unless my car is different which is unlikely you wont be able to enter the car without blipping the remote, which then re-activates it.
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

Alexr

Post by Alexr » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:15 am

Karmalakas wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:05 pm
jacquiandles wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:55 pm
Unless the key, when not in use, is in a screened (Faraday) pouch it is constantly searching for the car
Not really true.
First - it's not the only solution. Another one was mentioned above - turn off the signal of the key (read the manual) and no pouch is needed
Second - technically it's not the key, that searches for the car, it's the opposite. Key only transmits the signal and car listens to it. That's why you can change the time range of how many days car keeps listening for key until it's found or listening is turned off to preserve battery life.
I will just add to this that you can switch the whole system off and use the key as a normal remote blipper for locking and unlocking, and put the key over the blue start button to enable the starting of the car. I did this during lockdown for a period to preserve battery life, but it s not very convenient.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loved driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream for 4 yrs
Now loving my C-HR 2.0 Dynamic in Pearl White and black. :P