Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Space saver

37K views 49 replies 13 participants last post by  skyone 
#1 ·
I've just bought a space saver spare from a selling site. It was out of an Avensis 2016. Wheel is 17" and on checking, PCD and offset are same as C-HR. Cost me £40. Tyre is unused.
Not tried on car yet, but 99% certain it will fit. My wheels are 18". So, I've ordered the parts needed to make it fit in boot ( less jack, handle and brace - as I already have them ). Hopefully. I'll have a spare in rear for peace-of-mind come Monday.

For info. PCD is 5x114.3 and offset 45mm on C-HR.

🙏🙏🙏🙏

#3 ·
Right, so wheel fits to hub and rotates fine. Tried it in boot but doesn't align with lockdown point.

It also sits at an angle, so understand why load floor sits higher.

Does anyone have any photos of their boot with spare fitted? It also has to be an hybrid.

#4 ·
there is a polystyrene set you need and then different floor panel as lower floor panel different. The recess in bottom of boot has a polystyrene piece that fits under the spare wheel.

#5 ·
I've ordered what I think I need from dealer. Hopefully, it will become obvious when I collect them tomorrow.
Do you have a photo handy? If not, no worries, I'll work it out ( hopefully ). 👍

#8 ·
Walt said:
under spare is another polystyrene section which spare sits on.
Thanks Walt. I can see the piece under wheel on your photo. Think I've ordered all 4 pieces, plus load floor. Did old load floor come out ok? Assume it's pinned under rear seats?

#11 ·
I've just paid £120 for foams and new load floor from dealer. Parts are not that expensive.

Spare wheel is £150 through dealer.

#12 ·
That's ok. Originally the set was £500.
I got the set off here that someone bought then didn't use it. Paid £200.

#13 ·
Walt said:
That's ok. Originally the set was £500.
I got the set off here that someone bought then didn't use it. Paid £200.
Might not use it all myself; if I think the boot space is severely impacted.

#14 ·
I've fitted all foams and supports. All fits good - apart from rubber protection mat.

Is there a specific protection rubber mat for spare wheel or is it just a case of modifying old one?

Will see how I get on with it over next few weeks.

#15 ·
Not sure what you mean by rubber protection mat. As I have the standard floor section as you can see in the pic I posted. It was different shape to the 1 when the floor was lower without spare wheel.

#16 ·
Walt said:
Not sure what you mean by rubber protection mat. As I have the standard floor section as you can see in the pic I posted. It was different shape to the 1 when the floor was lower without spare wheel.
Mine had the accessory mat on top of the load floor carpet. The higher newer load floor Carpet fits fine, but accessories mat doesn't.
Suppose it's a boot floor liner.

#18 ·
Ah I see. Was thinking about this long time ago. But I use a set up plates my son got me to stop shopping etc moving around in the boot. They use velcro so stick to the floor mat. Find them great while doing shopping and boot not full. Stops shopping moving around and bags falling over etc.

#19 ·
I've got a cargo net from my old Lexus - seems to fit better with mid position floor board.

#20 ·
adn1962 said:

Is there a specific protection rubber mat for spare wheel or is it just a case of modifying old one?
Yes, mats for the rear are specific. all depends if you have sparewheel and/or subwoofer.
Genuine mats are in 5 or 6 different models.

#22 ·
Spen2811 said:
Was it easy to fit. Etc
Yes. Nothing too taxing tbh. Hardest part is securing spare wheel to floor with clamp - and that's easy.

#24 ·
New load floor carpet will come with 2 spring loaded flaps to front ( behind rear seats ). Make sure these sit behind rear seat back and not tuck under seat.
They are designed to fill gap when rear seat backs are lowered.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.