Toyota C-HR Forum banner

6.15.0WH update fails.

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  adn1962 
G
#1 ·
I'm not sure if this will benefit anyone, but I found that when I downloaded to my USB stick, the update wouldn't start when inserted into the cars USB .

I had done exactly what i had to do in previous updates, in terms of formatting the stick and ensuring all the update files were in the root folder, etc. But this time it was failing.

It turns out that, this time around, when I formatted the stick, it formatted in exFAT format and not FAT32. Also on my laptop there was no option to select FAT32.

For me, to format in FAT32, I found this utility.....

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

This worked for me. Hope it helps someone.

#4 ·
That may be a Windows "new feature"? Post some recent updates?
There may be an option to specify file system type. Maybe it's hidden somewhere.
Most "gadgets" like car navigation, photo camera can't and won't be able to use extFAT. It's a good lesson to learn - make sure your USB stick or SD card is formatted as FAT32.

#6 ·
I've updated via Windows 10.
Quick format of flash drive, save download to desktop, extract files, move to USB root folder.

#7 ·
I followed the instructions, all well, I get to choose countries I press the button, I get the warning that the update is going to install and then nothing...after a while the process starts again. This happens every time, and I have tried many, no luck with installing the update. Any ideas?

#8 ·
You have to unzip download ( which you should save to desktop initially ), copy unzipped files to root of usb flash drive ( which has been formatted beforehand).
Copy everything as it's unzipped. Do not open any folders within the download.

#10 ·
Are you saving it to your desktop first?? Don't save download to USB otherwise it will not work. Save to desktop on your PC or laptop: when download is complete ( can take 40+ mins ), unzip download, then copy & paste files to USB stick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.