Battery Issues

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Alexr
Posts: 707
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:39 pm
Location: Reading, UK

Re: Battery Issues

Post by Alexr » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:37 pm

RatInstinct wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:20 pm
Well the car is booked in for a service next week and they're going to test the battery after leaving it overnight. Feels like a fobbing off to me but we'll see, car's got to start to get there first.

Guy hadn't heard of reprogramming the key searching, so no idea if they'll do anything with that as yet.
You can do the settings for key searching yourself.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loved driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream for 4 yrs
Now loving my C-HR 2.0 Dynamic in Pearl White and black. :P

RatInstinct
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:33 am
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Battery Issues

Post by RatInstinct » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:46 pm

Alexr wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:37 pm
RatInstinct wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:20 pm
Well the car is booked in for a service next week and they're going to test the battery after leaving it overnight. Feels like a fobbing off to me but we'll see, car's got to start to get there first.

Guy hadn't heard of reprogramming the key searching, so no idea if they'll do anything with that as yet.
You can do the settings for key searching yourself.
Ahh cool! I figured from this thread it was a dealer thing. Couldn't see anything in the manual about that, guessing it's on the standard dashboard settings menu?
2019 Dynamic in Decuma Grey.
No extras beyond the hard boot liner.

Alexr
Posts: 707
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:39 pm
Location: Reading, UK

Re: Battery Issues

Post by Alexr » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:51 pm

RatInstinct wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:46 pm
Alexr wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:37 pm
RatInstinct wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:20 pm
Well the car is booked in for a service next week and they're going to test the battery after leaving it overnight. Feels like a fobbing off to me but we'll see, car's got to start to get there first.

Guy hadn't heard of reprogramming the key searching, so no idea if they'll do anything with that as yet.
You can do the settings for key searching yourself.
Ahh cool! I figured from this thread it was a dealer thing. Couldn't see anything in the manual about that, guessing it's on the standard dashboard settings menu?
Getting cold feet now. On my 2017 model you can swiitch smart entry on and off in dashboard settings (and I did that in first lockdown), but I can’t see in manual about setting 2 days or 5.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loved driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream for 4 yrs
Now loving my C-HR 2.0 Dynamic in Pearl White and black. :P

mdwood45
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:05 pm
Location: Suffolk

Re: Battery Issues

Post by mdwood45 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:10 pm

You can turn off the car looking for the keys from the key itself. Whilst holding top button press bottom button and red light should flash 4 times

Alexr
Posts: 707
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:39 pm
Location: Reading, UK

Re: Battery Issues

Post by Alexr » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:16 pm

mdwood45 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:10 pm
You can turn off the car looking for the keys from the key itself. Whilst holding top button press bottom button and red light should flash 4 times
No, that does not stop the car looking for the keys. It stops one key from responding to the car.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loved driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream for 4 yrs
Now loving my C-HR 2.0 Dynamic in Pearl White and black. :P

RatInstinct
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:33 am
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Battery Issues

Post by RatInstinct » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:50 pm

Yeah I didn't get anywhere with the dealer on either the battery swap or key search setting.

Net result is basically don't leave the car stood again for 3+ weeks, but hoping the "warmer" weather will help as well (maybe)

Cheers
Jase
2019 Dynamic in Decuma Grey.
No extras beyond the hard boot liner.

adn1962
Posts: 366
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:03 pm
Location: Solihull, West Midlands

Re: Battery Issues

Post by adn1962 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:19 pm

Buy a Carista dongle and set it all yourself. Costs £30 a year plus cost of dongle ( no more than £60 ).
Metalstream Excel 2018. Mud flaps, dash cam, Bumper corner protection, chrome boot and sill protectors, door handle protection film, Smoked Toyota wind deflectors, Spare wheel kit.
Bike - 2018 Honda Forza 300, touring screen, top box and Puig handguards.

ColinB
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:17 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Re: Battery Issues

Post by ColinB » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:43 pm

Just had the flat battery issue on my just over a year old 2 litre, I've just not been using it enough for longer runs. Called out the AA who were prompt and started it immediately, apparently most of their call outs are to do with flat batteries at the moment. Showed me where to connect a jump pack in the fuse box, rather than in the boot. I've ordered myself a jump pack as recommended by Deleted User 175 6pm the first page of this thread, a NOCO Boost Sport GB20, this will also be useful when I go out on the motorbike again just in case.

Walt
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:17 am
Location: Shropshire

Re: Battery Issues

Post by Walt » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:01 pm

ColinB wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:43 pm
Just had the flat battery issue on my just over a year old 2 litre, I've just not been using it enough for longer runs. Called out the AA who were prompt and started it immediately, apparently most of their call outs are to do with flat batteries at the moment. Showed me where to connect a jump pack in the fuse box, rather than in the boot. I've ordered myself a jump pack as recommended by Deleted User 175 6pm the first page of this thread, a NOCO Boost Sport GB20, this will also be useful when I go out on the motorbike again just in case.
I got the gb40 under my seat just in case. But since having battery changed under warranty nearly 3yrs ago. Not had an issue. Happened twice and car had only been left unused for 2 to 3 day's. Car has been left for upto 2 weeks and has started 1st push of button. Also was left on drive in November for 9 day's while I was in hospital. Started straight away. So maybe get battery changed. When I took mine in they kept it overnight to see if anything was draining battery as had dash camera installed. But nothing showed up. But they changed the battery anyway.
Nebula blue dynamic.
Sports pack.wind deflectors.mudflaps etc.
With interior blue leds. Running on shell V-Power.
Other toy. SUZUKI GSXR 1100

21yearstoyota
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:49 am
Location: Featherstone

Re: Battery Issues

Post by 21yearstoyota » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:00 pm

Had similar issues with my 4 year old CHR Excel Hybrid. Was taking it out for a weekly run during COVID but the battery was still draining. to flat. Read somewhere that the key and the car communicated 24/7 and this depletes battery. Stored keys in a pouch made of baking foil and it appears to have worked. During recent cold weather the car started. It's just been parked for 8 days and it started 10 minutes ago first time. Hope it's a permanent if low tech fix. I'll let you know.

Post Reply