Battery Issues

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Post Reply
User avatar
DutCHR
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 4:39 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Battery Issues

Post by DutCHR » Sat May 02, 2020 1:03 pm

Again.. you are right. If the 12v battery is flat.. a jump starter that gets the electronics up and running will be enough.
Any charged (old) 12v battery with jump cables will do also the job.

Dont start on a connected battery charger. Better charge the battery first.. and disconnect before push the start button.
2017 C-HR Hybrid Metalstream Grey --- Genuine JDM styled and also a lot of sh*t from China
2019 Corolla TS 2.0 Hybrid --- 180HP Girlpower!

Alexr
Posts: 709
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:39 pm
Location: Reading, UK

Re: Flat Battery and stuck in a Garage

Post by Alexr » Sat May 02, 2020 1:14 pm

kenjolly wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:32 pm
Hi - quick question. Like a lot of people, my battery has also died. Unfortunately my car is in our garage. In order for me to jump start it, is there a way to disable the parking brake so I can push it out of the garage so I can access the battery and attach jump leads? might be an obvious question so apologies if it is.

Tried googling it but doesn't seem to be anything about disabling it when you have no power.

any help appreciated. Thanks,

Ken
Not sure if it will solve your problem, but you can move the gear stick out of “P” by levering off the little cover near the base of the gear lever and pressing the button underneath to release the shift lock.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loved driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream for 4 yrs
Now loving my C-HR 2.0 Dynamic in Pearl White and black. :P

kenjolly
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 12:25 pm
Location: Blackpool

Re: Battery Issues

Post by kenjolly » Sat May 02, 2020 1:51 pm

Thanks all - I'll give those suggestions a try.

Ken

Fady
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:17 pm
Location: Sussex

Re: Battery Issues

Post by Fady » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:52 pm

I have had the car of my wife's niece on our driveway throughout lockdown as she travelled abroad (2017 Dynamic with Premium Pack). 12v battery now dead and needs replacing. I ordered a Yuasa YBX5012 online a week ago but have just been told that it is out of stock with the manufacturers. So now trying to find a reasonably priced alternative (so not a Toyota one!).

Please can anybody who had a replacement fitted say what make and model has been used. I have been through this thread and others and I can't find this information. Also it is not clear always clear from battery manufacturer's own websites what is appropriate for the car. The Bosh website for example seems to cater for US cars and seemingly the C-HR 1.8 is not available there. Thanks in advance

User avatar
dim_theo
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:58 pm
Location: UK

Re: Battery Issues

Post by dim_theo » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:09 pm

Have a look on the varta uk Web site and you will find the recommended Varta battery for your C-hr

Timur
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 12:43 pm
Location: Sarajevo

Re: Battery Issues

Post by Timur » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:29 pm

Fady wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:52 pm
I have had the car of my wife's niece on our driveway throughout lockdown as she travelled abroad (2017 Dynamic with Premium Pack). 12v battery now dead and needs replacing. I ordered a Yuasa YBX5012 online a week ago but have just been told that it is out of stock with the manufacturers. So now trying to find a reasonably priced alternative (so not a Toyota one!).

Please can anybody who had a replacement fitted say what make and model has been used. I have been through this thread and others and I can't find this information. Also it is not clear always clear from battery manufacturer's own websites what is appropriate for the car. The Bosh website for example seems to cater for US cars and seemingly the C-HR 1.8 is not available there. Thanks in advance
Hi Fady,

When replacing the auxiliary battery, use a new auxiliary battery of the same dimensions with a capacity of 51 Ah or more at a 20-hour rate (as per service manual).

Dimension: 207x175x190
EU dimension code: LN1

Alexr
Posts: 709
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:39 pm
Location: Reading, UK

Re: Battery Issues

Post by Alexr » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:07 pm

I had a Bosch one fitted
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loved driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream for 4 yrs
Now loving my C-HR 2.0 Dynamic in Pearl White and black. :P

Fady
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:17 pm
Location: Sussex

Re: Battery Issues

Post by Fady » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:27 pm

Timur wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:29 pm
Fady wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:52 pm
I have had the car of my wife's niece on our driveway throughout lockdown as she travelled abroad (2017 Dynamic with Premium Pack). 12v battery now dead and needs replacing. I ordered a Yuasa YBX5012 online a week ago but have just been told that it is out of stock with the manufacturers. So now trying to find a reasonably priced alternative (so not a Toyota one!).

Please can anybody who had a replacement fitted say what make and model has been used. I have been through this thread and others and I can't find this information. Also it is not clear always clear from battery manufacturer's own websites what is appropriate for the car. The Bosh website for example seems to cater for US cars and seemingly the C-HR 1.8 is not available there. Thanks in advance
Hi Fady,

When replacing the auxiliary battery, use a new auxiliary battery of the same dimensions with a capacity of 51 Ah or more at a 20-hour rate (as per service manual).

Dimension: 207x175x190
EU dimension code: LN1
Thanks Timur. A lot of useful information there. Yuasa YBX5012 at £59 was my first choice but as mentioned in currently on back order. Dimensions are spot on and capacity is 54Ah. It does not seem that many sites mention stuff about the 'hour rate' or quote the EU dimension code as I have yet to encounter those.

Bosch is probably my second pick. Amazon has the Bosch S4 002 (£63) of correct dimensions and 52Ah. You can enter the car registration to see if it fits. This comes back with a negative. If you do the same check on the Euro Car parts website it suggests Bosch S4 012 (which has the wrong dimensions) but then displays a picture of the Bosch S4 002 which has the right dimensions. So a bit confusing. Not helped by them wanting £144 which more than double the Amazon price. I will likely end up getting the one from Amazon, but was hoping to first verify the details with someone on here.

Fady
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:17 pm
Location: Sussex

Re: Battery Issues

Post by Fady » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:33 pm

dim_theo wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:09 pm
Have a look on the varta uk Web site and you will find the recommended Varta battery for your C-hr
OK thanks. They recommend one battery - Silver Dynamic 554 400 053 (54Ah and 175 x207 x 190mm). Appears to retail around the £80 mark.

Fady
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:17 pm
Location: Sussex

Re: Battery Issues

Post by Fady » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:36 pm

Alexr wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:07 pm
I had a Bosch one fitted
Thanks but any idea which one - do you know the model/code?

Post Reply