New owner

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Dommer

New owner

Post by Dommer » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:12 pm

Hello.

Collected my 1.8 Design last Wednesday as a company car, and loving it so far.

Just a couple of questions if any can help me out.

I think this a system fault not an Apple fault. Has anyone else experienced that when adjusting the volume owner listening to a voicemail via CarPlay, the playback stops immediately.

Also, I have read the manual many times regarding parking assist. But I don’t find it very clear, and I’m struggling to make it work properly. Mainly how you drive when your searching for a space, and how you then select parallel or bay parking. Could someone describe it please ?

Also, has anyone found any use for the compass or G Force indicator ? Both seem utterly pointless features.

Alexr

Re: New owner

Post by Alexr » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:32 pm

Cant help with carplay.

With mine (new model might be slightly different) :
Slow down below 25mph
Press the IPA. This gives you parallel parking. Press it again to get perpendicular parking
Use the indicator switch to move from parking to the left hand or right
Then follow instructions on the screen. (with mine it only controls steering not speed)

Final question - No!
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loved driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream for 4 yrs
Now loving my C-HR 2.0 Dynamic in Pearl White and black. :P

Dommer

Post by Dommer » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:47 pm

Excellent. Thanks.

adn1962

Post by adn1962 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:20 am

Parking assist, I found out only controls steering, not drive selection or braking on my 2018. I will end up switching mine off unless I want to show off to someone. 😉

Compass could be useful but g-force indicator, pretty pointless.
Metalstream Excel 2018. Mud flaps, dash cam, Bumper corner protection, chrome boot and sill protectors, door handle protection film, Smoked Toyota wind deflectors, Spare wheel kit.
Bike - 2018 Honda Forza 300, touring screen, top box and Puig handguards.

Dommer

Post by Dommer » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:50 pm

I think most parking assist cars are steering only. I think it’s useful for parallel parking in a tight space.

mbell

Post by mbell » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:00 pm

The compass is a nice thing to have. I mean, who doesn't want to know if they're driving to the East.

The problem is that it's not a very good display. These Japanese UI designers should have a good look to see how the iPhone's compass works. If you hold an iPhone compass (or a traditional magnetic compass) the red magnetic North indicator always points the same way, and the cardinal points move around the periphery when you change direction. The C-HR compass does it exactly the wrong way around!

Dommer

Post by Dommer » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:15 pm

It’s useless.

CarPlay is much better to use than the Toyota system. You’re right, the UI is terrible.

Craig

Post by Craig » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:54 pm

I am finding that mine hits the kerb nearly every time. Am I doing something wrong or is it a problem with this technology.
Dynamic Blue 12T and what a lovely car she is.

IceColdCrash

Post by IceColdCrash » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:25 am

Craig wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:54 pm
I am finding that mine hits the kerb nearly every time. Am I doing something wrong or is it a problem with this technology.

I Allways use it when space is tight and have never hit the kerb.. Maybe it's a strange kerb but I've tried on lots of different ones and it Allways recognizes the limit leaving it around 10cm away from it.
15/03/2019 - 1.8 Hybrid